Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

GTA 4 WKTT Radio used real callers to rant about the world

11 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly my point. Rockstar have captured their fans heart so much that they can easily look up to them to bounce back. 

They also have a lot more to lose in terms of reputation if the next game flops so I'm sure they'll pull out all the stops.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's pretty wild - I always thought that some of the rants sounded like things I tend to hear on some of the radio shows in the US.

The radio shows today would definitely be some clown bait for a GTA 6. It almost feels we are half way there actually living the game. At what point is satire not satire anymore? LOL

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The GTA trilogy was a disaster but fans will excuse that one because of how good the other games were. I'm still looking forward to GTA 6 myself when it comes out in the next 4-5 years.

Well, I'm still very much pained for the amount of money that I spent on the game GTA trilogy. If I could ask for it back, I would do it in a heartbeat. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

They have managed to grow their fans loyalty to the point where they can really wait for them even after what happened with GTA trilogy. 

Whilst it was awful what they did with the GTA Trilogy, I think most hardcore fans can excuse them for that because they made a mistake in going for a third-party developer to make the game. If Rockstar themselves had made the trilogy, a lot more people would be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Darth said:

Whilst it was awful what they did with the GTA Trilogy, I think most hardcore fans can excuse them for that because they made a mistake in going for a third-party developer to make the game. If Rockstar themselves had made the trilogy, a lot more people would be disappointed.

Actually, I believe that Take Two would have done better in that case as they work hand in hand with Rockstar but they choose to be a flop. 

7 hours ago, Darth said:

If Rockstar did made GTA trilogy themselves, there is no way you would expect them to do the same thing that Take Two did for them. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

If Rockstar did made GTA trilogy themselves, there is no way you would expect them to do the same thing that Take Two did for them. 

That's something that I have to completely agree with. They know the value of their franchise, so they can't kill it themselves. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's something that I have to completely agree with. They know the value of their franchise, so they can't kill it themselves. 

Let them kill it and know that it's over for the company. Or, they can swap to Red Dead Redemption they had abandoned for a while. 

On 2/13/2022 at 2:19 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I don't even know if Rockstar criticised Take-Two for their performance in developing GTA trilogy, because, they never came publicly to voice anything negative feeling about GTA trilogy creation. 

Take Two didn't develop the trilogy, Grove Street games did. Take Two owns Rockstar Games so it would be very weird and unfortunate for them to come out and complain against their owners. They did make the mistake of choosing Grove Street games to do the remaster though.

I would love to see more games doing this type of stuff. But I also imagine it's hell to do with legalities and stuff. Like you have to get their right to use their voices in game, or their likeness, and so on. 

I imagine it takes a lot to allow fans to get voice speaking roles. 

15 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I would love to see more games doing this type of stuff. But I also imagine it's hell to do with legalities and stuff. Like you have to get their right to use their voices in game, or their likeness, and so on. 

I imagine it takes a lot to allow fans to get voice speaking roles. 

It's the rants sometimes that gets me laughing out loud. You can't really expect less from gamers 😂

On 2/12/2022 at 6:42 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

The radio shows today would definitely be some clown bait for a GTA 6. It almost feels we are half way there actually living the game. At what point is satire not satire anymore? LOL

I agree - Some of these do point out some of the lunacy going on in the US right now.