Register Now
egghead

Do you play horror games?

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think that you should rewatch the movie with adult eyes and maturity now. You can be able to judge the game afterwards. 

I think our perception gets more clearer when we get older. There are so many movies that I rewatched when I hit 30 and it was more interesting for me. 

14 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

The Cenobites don't really have a lot of involvement in the first movie until the end. In the sequels they're a lot more involved. If you check out Hellraiser 4: Bloodline you will see the origin and history of the puzzle box. It's actually my favorite in the series. Hellraiser 3: Hell On Earth is a really good one as well. But after Hellraiser 4, the movies just got so bad that eventually Doug Bradley refused to continue playing Pinhead. When he quit the series, I quit the series. No one else would be able to capture not only the evil, but the elegance of Pinhead the way Doug Bradley did.

Yeah I remember the first movie was more about a dude coming back to life and his ex lover helping him find male victims to regenerate his body. 

I'll have to rematch the first few one of these days. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I remember the first movie was more about a dude coming back to life and his ex lover helping him find male victims to regenerate his body. 

I'll have to rematch the first few one of these days. 

More like what happened in The Mummy. Have you watched that as well? 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

More like what happened in The Mummy. Have you watched that as well? 

I've seen them both, and they're not all that similar. The guy in Hellraiser starts escaping Hell on his own from the blood of other victims his lover brings him, after her husband (his own brother) gets cut and his blood hits the floor to open that gateway. Upon discovering that he escaped the Cenobites came for him.

In The Mummy, Imhotep was released by Evie reading the inscription on a book that released him from death. He then was trying to resurrect the woman he loved. No gods or daemons came for Imhotep. Anubis did take his powers and the wagon took away his immortality after John read the inscription out loud, but it's still a world of difference.

Edited by The Blackangel

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've seen them both, and they're not all that similar. The guy in Hellraiser starts escaping Hell on his own from the blood of other victims his lover brings him, after her husband (his own brother) gets cut and his blood hits the floor to open that gateway. Upon discovering that he escaped the Cenobites came for him.

In The Mummy, Imhotep was released by Evie reading the inscription on a book that released him from death. He then was trying to resurrect the woman he loved. No gods or daemons came for Imhotep. Anubis did take his powers and the wagon took away his immortality after John read the inscription out loud, but it's still a world of difference.

I've not actually seen that movie but now that you have explained it a little bit I think I'm going to check if it's still available on NetFlix to see it for myself.

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You're really into movies very well too. The explanation of what happened in the Mummy especially was very clear as daylight. I think I'm going to revisit the movie again. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Horror games increases my immersion so high, I can remember the very first day I played 'Evil within, RE 4, 7, Dead space, Outlast. I couldn't stop feeling skeptic due to how the game-play was performed so frightening. 

Seriously, I don't get why some people get frightened easily because of what they watched in a movie. Like it's a movie for crying out loud, why are they afraid? 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, I don't get why some people get frightened easily because of what they watched in a movie. Like it's a movie for crying out loud, why are they afraid? 

Often, I don't think it's the movie in and of itself, but maybe a certain part instead. Like say someone has a fear of clowns. In the movie IT, when Pennywise pops his head up in the sewer, it made a lot of people almost shit their pants. Also when The Exorcist came out, a lot of people fled the theatre in terror. Even the girl who played Reagan wasn't allowed to see the movie until she was 17. For me the movie was Dead Silence, but only one part. It was in the motel when Mary Shaw suddenly appeared in the chair. It hit me hard and sent me into a panic attack. The rest of the movie was nothing big, but that one part hit me.

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I wouldn't shade any tears simply because of movie nor for video games. I simply play video games for the fun even if the game is kind of horror type. 

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Often, I don't think it's the movie in and of itself, but maybe a certain part instead. Like say someone has a fear of clowns. In the movie IT, when Pennywise pops his head up in the sewer, it made a lot of people almost shit their pants. Also when The Exorcist came out, a lot of people fled the theatre in terror. Even the girl who played Reagan wasn't allowed to see the movie until she was 17. For me the movie was Dead Silence, but only one part. It was in the motel when Mary Shaw suddenly appeared in the chair. It hit me hard and sent me into a panic attack. The rest of the movie was nothing big, but that one part hit me.

More like some certain part or scenes in the movie triggering one's phobia. 

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's another angle which I didn't look at it from and looking at it very well, it's definitely something that's got a good possibility of happening to those who watch horror movies. 

I'd love to see a new Texas chainsaw massacre game. That would be dope to play. Imagine hiding and then hearing the Rev of a chainsaw. I could see it working as a game. I think one came out back in the 80s or early 90s. I think on an atari console.