Register Now
egghead

Do you play horror games?

46 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

So true - Horror games are one of the few genre of games that's stayed consistent in terms of the quality. 

I kinda disagree. I feel like horror games in the past 5-10 years have been lacking in some ways. Sure we got a fair deal of good horor games. But I feel like once PT came around, every single game studio had to replicate that in some way and make their own PT. idk I just feel like games copy that formulat too much, that it's become stale. Similar to how I feel about zombie games, as they've kinda overstayed their welcome. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I kinda disagree. I feel like horror games in the past 5-10 years have been lacking in some ways. Sure we got a fair deal of good horor games. But I feel like once PT came around, every single game studio had to replicate that in some way and make their own PT. idk I just feel like games copy that formulat too much, that it's become stale. Similar to how I feel about zombie games, as they've kinda overstayed their welcome. 

Resident Evil is a lot different than P.T and so is other series like Outlast. Zombie games typically just follow the Resident Evil formula except maybe Dying Light in which some of the zombies have actual intelligence to get around certain obstacles.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So true - Horror games are one of the few genre of games that's stayed consistent in terms of the quality. 

Well, that's if they don't change the story like how Capcom always do with their Resident Evil franchise. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Well, they did an excellent job with RE 2 and 3 so I trust them to also do an excellent job with a remake of the 4th game.

Yeah, that's right. There are some fraction of their fans that believe that Resident Evil 4 isn't due for a remake now. What do you think? 

On 2/14/2022 at 3:50 PM, killamch89 said:

Resident Evil is a lot different than P.T and so is other series like Outlast. Zombie games typically just follow the Resident Evil formula except maybe Dying Light in which some of the zombies have actual intelligence to get around certain obstacles.

Well of course, but you can argue that they switched to first person because of PT. Before all of this, they either had their 3rd person views, but soon after PT came out, it was like every studio had to make a similar game in that style. 

Resident Evil is still in its own league, but PT inspired a lot of studios to do similar styles and it shows. 

And referring to zombie games, I'm just tired of the genre because it's it's kinda overstayed its welcome. We have too many of them. It was like the market had to push out a new Zombie style game every year. But, that has slowly died down a bit with less and less zombie games these days. 

13 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Well of course, but you can argue that they switched to first person because of PT. Before all of this, they either had their 3rd person views, but soon after PT came out, it was like every studio had to make a similar game in that style. 

Resident Evil is still in its own league, but PT inspired a lot of studios to do similar styles and it shows. 

I'm not so sure about that.  I would argue that it was Outlast that popularised first person horror in the modern era and that came out a year before PT.  Even that certainly wasn't the first.

7 hours ago, Lens said:

Horror games are my favorite but I stopped playing the games when I found out that my kids aren't fine with it. Mirabel would delete the game whenever I'm out.

Some adults don't even react well to horror videos games as well and not to talk about how it's going to affect kids.