Register Now
egghead

Do you play horror games?

Resident Evil, Dying Light, Endless Nightmare, Until Dawn, The Evil Within, P.T. are some of the popular horror games. Horror games are based on horror fiction and designed to scare the players. I have played Dying Light but I am not a fan of horror games. Do you play horror games? What is your favorite horror game?

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE horror games. My favorite so far is definitely Layers Of Fear: Legacy. It's a psychological horror in the likeness of the movie Rose Red. A couple other great ones are the Outlast series, The Childs Sight, Remothered: Broken Porcelain, Among The Sleep, Amnesia, Blood Breed, and Dungeon Nightmares are few of the best ones I have found.

On thing about Blood Breed, is that you have the option of choosing how clear the graphics are. You can leave them pixeled or clear as day.

Remothered, I would call "dark" as it may be more of a thriller tan a horror, but I feel it fits.

I also love horror games, but I really love psychological horror. Layers of Fear series is the best in my opinion. The Evil Within series is also a favorite especially the second one. I like all the sci fi mixed with horror mixed with psychological horror. 

I also really like apocalyptic survival horror and my favorites there are The Last of Us series and Dying Light. 

Alien Isolation, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Outlast, Layers Of Fear - you name it, I love most of them. To be honest, it's one of the few genre of games nowadays that isn't entirely a disappointment and there's some replayability with a good number of them.

I don't like horror games, or movies for that matter. Jump scares and scripted events annoy me rather than entertain me. That said horror games could be made better than using those cheap tactics, but rarely are. The only exception that I enjoyed was Alien Isolation, because of it's reliance on its unpredictable AI rather than cheap jump scares.

Not a fan of horror games or movies so I tend to stay away from them. I don't mind games set around aliens or zombies because I don't tend to consider them as being overly scary. But anything with a supernatural element and jump scares are a huge no for me. I like being able to sleep at night 😂

4 hours ago, Darth said:

Not a fan of horror games or movies so I tend to stay away from them. I don't mind games set around aliens or zombies because I don't tend to consider them as being overly scary. But anything with a supernatural element and jump scares are a huge no for me. I like being able to sleep at night 😂

You should come with me on some of my paranormal investigations sometime. We're planning a visit to Stull Cemetery soon. You know, the one in Kansas that the pope has his plane fly around instead of over due to the supposed evil there.

😈

22 hours ago, Darth said:

You're definitely not going to be into watching of horror movies as well. If you did, I would have recommended watching " Supernatural "

Nothing makes me care for a character more than seeing them in the most messed up situation imaginable. Most games are gunna give you big guns and big knives from the first level, but in most horror games you're some dudebro who just fucked up badly.

Also general design. I'll take rusted backwards homes, creepy spaceships and rotten cornfeilds over a generic dusty east-asian warzone any day of the week, same as how i'll take a sadistic killer or malformed blob of flesh over the same singular ethnic enemy over and over again.

On 1/31/2022 at 3:54 PM, The Blackangel said:

You should come with me on some of my paranormal investigations sometime. We're planning a visit to Stull Cemetery soon. You know, the one in Kansas that the pope has his plane fly around instead of over due to the supposed evil there.

😈

Have fun. Honestly, with a group of friends, I wouldn't even mind visiting a haunted location. Might be a lot of fun even if it does stop me from sleeping for a few days.

You've made me curious now so I'm going to have to look into that.

I play some horror games, but can't do any where the controls are tank like or slow, and choppy. I want to have controls like in rdr2, where at least I feel in control of my character. 

I've played some of silent hill 2, but never beat it because it was too anxiety inducing. Lol I can play games with zombies and all that, but once you distort my controls or make it shit, I won't play that game for long. 

4 hours ago, Darth said:

Have fun. Honestly, with a group of friends, I wouldn't even mind visiting a haunted location. Might be a lot of fun even if it does stop me from sleeping for a few days.

You've made me curious now so I'm going to have to look into that.

@Rain Dew and I still need a few more pieces of equipment, but when we have all we need, we're doing an overnight paranormal investigation of the Missouri State Penitentiary. It was closed in 2004, but is open to tours and paranormal investigators. I've been investigating the paranormal since before I knew her, and now she comes with me. I have decades of experience with the dark/evil side of things, and she is trying to learn the biz.

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

I play some horror games, but can't do any where the controls are tank like or slow, and choppy. I want to have controls like in rdr2, where at least I feel in control of my character. 

I've played some of silent hill 2, but never beat it because it was too anxiety inducing. Lol I can play games with zombies and all that, but once you distort my controls or make it shit, I won't play that game for long. 

Watching a lot of zombie movies like Z Nation and The Walking Dead even though it have its own games, made me really feel comfortable with such horror games.