Register Now
egghead

Do you play horror games?

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Watching a lot of zombie movies like Z Nation and The Walking Dead even though it have its own games, made me really feel comfortable with such horror games. 

Hellraiser was my favorite horror movie when I was growing up. I'm not sure if they made a video game of it. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Hellraiser was my favorite horror movie when I was growing up. I'm not sure if they made a video game of it. 

I only managed to watch one part of the Hellraiser movie and never bothered about watching the remaining ones because it creeped me the hell out. 

15 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

No there is not a Hellraiser game. Color Dreams was working on an unlicensed one that was set to release on the NES in 1990, but it was cancelled. Pinhead makes a couple cameos in other games, if I remember correctly, but there isn't an actual straight up Hellraiser game.

That Pinhead was completely nasty with the way he kills.. Geez!! 

Honestly, not sure we'd need a hellraiser game. I think they had Pinhead make an appearance in Dead By Daylight, but I'm not 100% sure. He'd make a good baddie for a game like that, but idk how well a Hellraiser game would do. I just don't see it working in game form. 

Just now, Kane99 said:

Honestly, not sure we'd need a hellraiser game. I think they had Pinhead make an appearance in Dead By Daylight, but I'm not 100% sure. He'd make a good baddie for a game like that, but idk how well a Hellraiser game would do. I just don't see it working in game form. 

Never say not possible to what some creative developers can be when they are well motivated to make good games. I'm definitely not ruling out anything. 

I like the first 4 movies in the series. The fifth and sixth were absolutely horrible. And when Doug Bradley said no, so did I. But the thing that really makes me mad about it is that the studio made Clive Barker sign away all his rights to the series because he wanted to direct the first movie. He wrote the novel and literally created the entire Hellraiser universe. But I guess he was more interested in making sure the first movie followed his story than keeping his rights to it.

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

If they make a game of it, I'm definitely going to be very interested in getting it because the movie was that interesting. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I think ridley scott, david lynch time has gone but if they were young today they would come up with some more good movie content which if taken to game would make some good content.

It's the thing with age, it's definitely going to catch up with you one time and it never let's you off for any reason whatsoever. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

If they make a game of it, I'm definitely going to be very interested in getting it because the movie was that interesting. 

I would be open to playing the game more than I would like to watch the movie by all means. The movie was too hard for me. 

I could only get into the first two hellraiser movies. Don't remember any of the ones to follow. 

Idk I feel it doesn't work as a game anyway. Because doesn't pinhead and his crew show up later in the first movie? I feel like they're briefly there and barely lift a finger. Maybe I need to rewatch the movie one of these days. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I could only get into the first two hellraiser movies. Don't remember any of the ones to follow. 

Idk I feel it doesn't work as a game anyway. Because doesn't pinhead and his crew show up later in the first movie? I feel like they're briefly there and barely lift a finger. Maybe I need to rewatch the movie one of these days. 

I'm actually already checking it out on my Netflix to see if the game is available once again for me to re-watch all of them all over again. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think that you should rewatch the movie with adult eyes and maturity now. You can be able to judge the game afterwards. 

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The Cenobites don't really have a lot of involvement in the first movie until the end. In the sequels they're a lot more involved. If you check out Hellraiser 4: Bloodline you will see the origin and history of the puzzle box. It's actually my favorite in the series. Hellraiser 3: Hell On Earth is a really good one as well. But after Hellraiser 4, the movies just got so bad that eventually Doug Bradley refused to continue playing Pinhead. When he quit the series, I quit the series. No one else would be able to capture not only the evil, but the elegance of Pinhead the way Doug Bradley did.