Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does using a console controller make you worse with keyboard/mouse?

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I know I will struggle much getting myself first time with PC gaming, the keyboards will be one hell of an option to get going with. But with time I'll balance it up and playing better. 

The control would feel like hell definitely because it's not like console games control at all. I felt weird using it. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

The control would feel like hell definitely because it's not like console games control at all. I felt weird using it. 

It's   weird   for me,   when playing   with   a mouse or a keyboard. I will   definitely look out   for a laptop controller.   Because,   I wouldn't   fell comfortable   playing with the  keyboard. 

Just now, Head_Hunter said:

Upon that I have a PC for gaming, I still don't play freely and comfortable with the keyboard nor mouse. I'll say, the controller remains the best. 

You probably played too much with console controllers. It's something that affect gamers in that way and they can't help it. 

14 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You probably played too much with console controllers. It's something that affect gamers in that way and they can't help it. 

Got a friend that we named as "made for the controller" because he is used to using controllers to play games that he doesn't want to stress himself on using keyboard or mouse. 

18 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I think I can't help with mine, because it just excessive, and now it's troubling me since I can't play with a keyboard. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It's   weird   for me,   when playing   with   a mouse or a keyboard. I will   definitely look out   for a laptop controller.   Because,   I wouldn't   fell comfortable   playing with the  keyboard. 

Oh well, I know that very well. I used PC controllers for at least 3 months while trying out the keyboard and mouse over that course of time. 

10 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Upon that I have a PC for gaming, I still don't play freely and comfortable with the keyboard nor mouse. I'll say, the controller remains the best. 

For a hardcore PC gamer, he or she will disagree with you on this completely and you can't argue it at all. 

For me, using one doesn't have any effect of my ability to use the other. I'm quite comfortable with both. My preference and how accurately I can control using a gamepad or M/K depends mostly on the game. Most strategy games never feel right using a controller and I hate playing 3rd person action games with a M/K, especially if the game is heavy on stealth (analogue control over a characters movement speed for me is essential in those types of games, something WASD keyboard controls simply can't do). So yeah, I'm comfortable with both, but loyal to neither.

I wish I could share my loyalty equally between them but that's going to be very difficult for me because for having played on consoles more in my life, have left a big lump in my feet to feel the same way for PC keyboard and mouse.