Register Now
Heatman

Happy Birthday Playstation 2 @22 years

Wow it's been 22 years? Feels like it was yesterday that I was gaming on my PS2. Time really does fly, considering I thought the PS2 was the best looking console out there, with the best graphics. Now it's a dated console. But, I still love it, as it gave me many great years of fun games and fun times with friends and family. Thanks to 22 great years and more! 

On 3/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - so many memories with the PS2. Devil May Cry, Primal, Need For Speed Underground, Fifa and so many other games. I feel kinda old lol.

We all are really getting old now. Imagine that we didn't even start from Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 is currently 22 years old. 

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - they went down the microtransaction route but I'm not surprised - after all, this is Konami we are talking about. They always ruin their best franchises.

They've ruined it all, and left us with an underperforming soccer series games, which is FIFA, owned by EA. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Wow it's been 22 years? Feels like it was yesterday that I was gaming on my PS2. Time really does fly, considering I thought the PS2 was the best looking console out there, with the best graphics. Now it's a dated console. But, I still love it, as it gave me many great years of fun games and fun times with friends and family. Thanks to 22 great years and more! 

Seriously, the gaming console from Sony and all the games it came with really laid a good foundation in our lives and video game industry. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, the gaming console from Sony and all the games it came with really laid a good foundation in our lives and video game industry. 

We can ever be only grateful to Sony for such an amazing experience they have given us with all of their consoles and not just PS2. 

59 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Sony have always been a standout console for a very long time now. If they aren't bringing the best, they wouldn't have been running up to this day. 

They have given us something that we can never be more grateful for which makes them a big impact in the gaming industry. 

3 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Sony have always been a standout console for a very long time now. If they aren't bringing the best, they wouldn't have been running up to this day. 

Yeah, that's very correct. In as much as Microsoft is bringing all of the competition to the market, Sony is still strong. 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sony wouldn't like to drop back, they're chasing the pack to maintain their position too as the leading video game company no matter the stern challenge posed by Microsoft company. 

Microsoft company have been unbelievable in the past few years and it's something that they have benefited from so much. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sony wouldn't like to drop back, they're chasing the pack to maintain their position too as the leading video game company no matter the stern challenge posed by Microsoft company. 

They most definitely giving other companies especially Microsoft all the opportunity and time in the world to craft their plans and catch up. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

They most definitely giving other companies especially Microsoft all the opportunity and time in the world to craft their plans and catch up. 

That's why competition like this makes some companies to strengthen up. Microsoft is keeping Sony at their toes making them super powerful too.