Register Now
kingpotato

Saddest moments in Videogames

Did we already have a thread like this this? I dunno, but I'll go with it anyway.

This is a difficult thing to discuss on a forum without going into spoilers, so I'll as everyone to try and avoid that as much as possible, but everyone should consider themselves forewarned.

• The Last of Us Part 1 and 2 between them could probably fill a top 5 of saddest game moments on thier own. Those moments with Sarah, Tess, Riley Frank and Bill, Henry and Sam, Yara and Lev, it goes on. Hopes are built up and dashed a lot in these games at just the moments where it can have the most impact and that's what make these moments in TLOU so powerful.
  • Life is Strange. This is another series that can play those heartstrings like they were on a harp. Because the games are based on chooses, it even has something over games like TLOU because it's very likely you are, at least in part, responsible, so it hit's home that little bit more.
  • The end of the first Walking Dead Game by Telltale. Again to avoid spoilers I wont spell it out, but even knowing that this coming moment was inevitable for a decent chunk of the game didn't make it any easier to watch. I found this moment was done really well, though. The pacing and atmosphere really was spot on.

Arthur's death is the saddest moment in all of gaming. I'm not saying that as factual, it's just my opinion. However, I don't think that anyone would argue that it's one of the saddest moments in all of gaming.

I cried like a baby when he died. I didn't cry at my grandmothers funeral, but I cried when Arthur died.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:13 PM, The Blackangel said:

Arthur's death is the saddest moment in all of gaming. I'm not saying that as factual, it's just my opinion. However, I don't think that anyone would argue that it's one of the saddest moments in all of gaming.

I cried like a baby when he died. I didn't cry at my grandmothers funeral, but I cried when Arthur died.

Wow! Crying like a baby over a game? Am very emotional but not to the extent crying because of a sad moment in game. Although tears have roll down my cheeks while watching about 2 or 3 movies but never cried because of a sad moment in game.

3 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

Wow! Crying like a baby over a game? Am very emotional but not to the extent crying because of a sad moment in game. Although tears have roll down my cheeks while watching about 2 or 3 movies but never cried because of a sad moment in game.

Have you ever played Red Dead Redemption 2? If not then once you actually play the game you will understand. Its an emotional rollercoaster, the game does have a script worthy of an oscar in my opinion.

42 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Have you ever played Red Dead Redemption 2? If not then once you actually play the game you will understand. Its an emotional rollercoaster, the game does have a script worthy of an Oscar in my opinion.

I was about to ask this very question. Arthur became more than a digital character to me, the same as he has to many other people. He was a father, brother, and best friend. All three are things I never truly had. I found them all in him. When he died it broke my heart. I lost all three when I lost him. Even now I'm starting to cry. Go ahead and laugh if you want. Sure, this may not bother a lot of people. But when you develop a relationship, it hurts when you lose that person. And when you feel that pain, REAL MEN CRY.

1 hour ago, Prof elohstar said:

Personally, I don't see a difference, If a story has an emotional impact then it has an emotional impact. It doesn't matter what medium they use to tell it, be it game, movie, TV show or book.

21 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Have you ever played Red Dead Redemption 2? If not then once you actually play the game you will understand. Its an emotional rollercoaster, the game does have a script worthy of an oscar in my opinion.

Not at all. I haven't played Red Dead Redemption 2. With these beautiful comments am seeing here, I'm going to play this game and see for myself. Honestly I will.

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I was about to ask this very question. Arthur became more than a digital character to me, the same as he has to many other people. He was a father, brother, and best friend. All three are things I never truly had. I found them all in him. When he died it broke my heart. I lost all three when I lost him. Even now I'm starting to cry. Go ahead and laugh if you want. Sure, this may not bother a lot of people. But when you develop a relationship, it hurts when you lose that person. And when you feel that pain, REAL MEN CRY.

OMG! Like seriously? I find myself laughing my ribs out and the same time putting myself in your shoes. As much as I really want to laugh at you for crying even now that you talked about it, I feel for you when you said in reality you never had what you saw on Arthur. Yes it's true that REAL MEN CRY but sorry to say, not on movies or video games. 

20 minutes ago, Prof elohstar said:

Not at all. I haven't played Red Dead Redemption 2. With these beautiful comments am seeing here, I'm going to play this game and see for myself. Honestly I will.

OMG! Like seriously? I find myself laughing my ribs out and the same time putting myself in your shoes. As much as I really want to laugh at you for crying even now that you talked about it, I feel for you when you said in reality you never had what you saw on Arthur. Yes it's true that REAL MEN CRY but sorry to say, not on movies or video games. 

Okay cool! real men dont cry was not aware.

download (1).jpg

2 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

So I'm just a joke to you? I never knew that my pain was a source of comedy for others. I guess that makes me rather pathetic then, right?