Register Now
kingpotato

Kingdom Hearts 4

Kingdom Hearts 4 has been officially announced , I dig the new cinematics, it finally looks more like the modern Final Fantasy games. I was never really a fan but I did owned KH2 on the ps2 as kid and beat it a couple of times. although I never understood the story, even today I dont even know what the game is about 😆

15 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I've always wanted to get into Kingdom Hearts, but the chronology of the series is so confusing that it's difficult to know where to start.

Oh yeah, you are right about that; I completely forgot which is the right order to play. I have the Story So Far collection and it has several games on there. That would be tons of hours to play to catch up to the new releases. 

While I think it's cool that we got word on a Kingdom Hearts 4 so soon, I HIGHLY doubt this is anything we'll be getting our hands on anytime soon. If Square's history to repeatedly trying to juggle a billion different big projects all at once are anything to go by, then I'm expecting an ass load of delays, team restructurings, and empty promises of "more news soon, you guys". I don't even think the final game's going to look anything like this trailer.

This is all vertical slice investor shit. That's not to say this doesn't look impressive as is, though. The second part of the Final Fantasy 7 remake, Final Fantasy 16, and Missing Link are going to take much higher immediate priority for now. I'm not expecting this shit until I'm about 30, give or take a few years.

On 4/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, kingpotato said:

Kingdom Hearts 4 has been officially announced , I dig the new cinematics, it finally looks more like the modern Final Fantasy games. I was never really a fan but I did owned KH2 on the ps2 as kid and beat it a couple of times. although I never understood the story, even today I dont even know what the game is about 😆

I'm a very big fan of Kingdom Hearts games and I'm really happy that they have announced about the Kingdom Hearts 4. I might get it immediately it's out. 

Edited by Boblee

On 4/13/2022 at 10:14 PM, Shagger said:

I've always wanted to get into Kingdom Hearts, but the chronology of the series is so confusing that it's difficult to know where to start.

That can be very frustrating especially when you really want to play the game. But if you can't choose, why not use something like a raffle or draw mechanism to choose randomly..? 

40 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That can be very frustrating especially when you really want to play the game. But if you can't choose, why not use something like a raffle or draw mechanism to choose randomly..? 

It's playing the games in the correct chronological order of the story that's the issue. I can't just choose one at random to start. If you knew anything about how the games have has add-on, re-releases, new versions and compilations added to series over years, you would know how complicated it is. And since you clearly didn't know any of this I must ask, and this is will all due respect and with full knowledge that you were only trying to help (and I genuinely apricate that), but why try to answer a question you obviously didn't know the answer too?

EDIT: You know what, never mend. I think I answered my own question by looking your recent activity. 25 posts in the space of 36 minutes. That's 1-3/4 of post every minute. No wonder that reply felt pointless and rushed when you didn't even give yourself two minutes to think of what to say and type it out. You know what, if I'm only worthy of that kind of effort when you address me on this forum, please don't bother replying to my posts.

Edited by Shagger

17 hours ago, Shagger said:

It's playing the games in the correct chronological order of the story that's the issue. I can't just choose one at random to start. If you knew anything about how the games have has add-on, re-releases, new versions and compilations added to series over years, you would know how complicated it is. And since you clearly didn't know any of this I must ask, and this is will all due respect and with full knowledge that you were only trying to help (and I genuinely apricate that), but why try to answer a question you obviously didn't know the answer too?

EDIT: You know what, never mend. I think I answered my own question by looking your recent activity. 25 posts in the space of 36 minutes. That's 1-3/4 of post every minute. No wonder that reply felt pointless and rushed when you didn't even give yourself two minutes to think of what to say and type it out. You know what, if I'm only worthy of that kind of effort when you address me on this forum, please don't bother replying to my posts.

Noted!! 

On 4/13/2022 at 9:04 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I actually feel like doing a speed run through the first couple games to get caught up. The story was interesting to me from what I remember and fun characters. I’d rather just jump into KH3 but not sure if it would make any sense. 

I did that at one point and it wasn't a good decision, so I had to go back and started out from the first one. In the end, it was Kingdom Hearts II that's my favorite amongst the series. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

I did that at one point and it wasn't a good decision, so I had to go back and started out from the first one. In the end, it was Kingdom Hearts II that's my favorite amongst the series. 

Kingdom Hearts II was an improvement on what the first game did well. It gave gamers more characters, and playtime which still kept the same spirit of crossover that made the game unique. 

18 hours ago, williamserna said:

As much as I would like to gatekeep it to myself and other existing fans, I would want the world to know and love it as much as I do.

Which one amongst the series was your favorite and why is that?