Register Now
kingpotato

Things you hate about your favorite games

Just finished playing Crash Bandicoot N'sane Trilogy, and as most of the series fans know, it's so hard and has a weird hardbox, so the game being tough at some levels is what i hate about it, but i still finished it (didn't gather all the gems obviously as that's more challenging and im not that patient)

Just now, Patrik said:

Just finished playing Crash Bandicoot N'sane Trilogy, and as most of the series fans know, it's so hard and has a weird hardbox, so the game being tough at some levels is what i hate about it, but i still finished it (didn't gather all the gems obviously as that's more challenging and im not that patient)

At least, it's not designed to force you into doing those task and have all the items or gems collected before you can complete the game. Maybe whenever you feel like in the future, you can try collecting them. 

16 minutes ago, Heatman said:

At least, it's not designed to force you into doing those task and have all the items or gems collected before you can complete the game. Maybe whenever you feel like in the future, you can try collecting them. 

true, but if you collect all items, you unlock some special stuff like special endings, secret levels etc... (i watch those only on youtube xd)

6 minutes ago, Patrik said:

true, but if you collect all items, you unlock some special stuff like special endings, secret levels etc... (i watch those only on youtube xd)

At least you have watched on YouTube and saw for yourself that it's something achievable. Take your time and get back to it later. 

Bayonetta 2: You can use items with no penalty. The magic system is a bit too skewed in favour of Umbran Climax.  Also afterburner kick is broken.

DOOM Eternal: Lack of quick swapping on console(all they needed to do was use one button to change the button layout on the fly then let you choose any weapon with that button + either of the face and d-pad buttons to choose your weapon instantly...). Also lack of traditional multiplayer.

Apart from that I don't really have much to say. Even the comments above aren't too big of a deal, I just couldn't really think of anything worse.

Something I find really annoying in Horizon Zero Dawn (and other 3rd person games, especially ones with similar stealth mechanics, like Assassin's Creed) is when the foliage between the camera and the player gets in the way. This is especially annoying when you're trying to line up a shot from cover in grass or something and you can't see the target that the character you controlling obviously can see clearly. This is a common issue and I've only ever seen one game address it, that game being A Plague Tale: Innocence. In that game, when you aim with your sling the foliage between yourself and Alicia fades so you can see what you're doing. Frankly, every game with a 3rd person perspective should do the same thing, especially if there isn't an option to switch to 1st person.

In Top Eleven Football Manager which is mainly the football game that I play often, I hate it with the new 3D update how it makes players miss counter attack that's supposed to a sure goal breaks my heart all the time. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I was loving PES so much in the past, in fact, it is the game I started with via consoles, but unfortunately, Konami ruined it for all of us that loved the game withth their F2P method. 

EA's FIFA series used to be very good ever since it replaced PES. They offer the best gaming experience when it comes to football games right until they decide to start copying and pasting of their previous games for a new one with slight differences. It's what have ruined FIFA for me. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

EA's FIFA series used to be very good ever since it replaced PES. They offer the best gaming experience when it comes to football games right until they decide to start copying and pasting of their previous games for a new one with slight differences. It's what have ruined FIFA for me. 

It marvelled me seeing a game that always comes with high hopes crumbling due to bizarre decision making of the creators being EA. They should try to rejuvenate the series, stop copy and pasting, it wouldn't help it's growth and players likeness. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

In Top Eleven Football Manager which is mainly the football game that I play often, I hate it with the new 3D update how it makes players miss counter attack that's supposed to a sure goal breaks my heart all the time. 

Do you think that switching to 2D in the game would help to eliminate how that miss of counter attacks happens since it was way better in 2D before? 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Do you think that switching to 2D in the game would help to eliminate how that miss of counter attacks happens since it was way better in 2D before? 

I'm not sure if it's something that's going to work now because the update have already affected anything that happens in the game. But you can give it a try, there is no harm in trying. 

Yes, it does have the option to choose playing on 2D if it's what you want. I kind of like that particular feature of not taking away that choice from their gamers. There are still a reasonable number of gamers that prefer the game on 2D.