Register Now
Maxi

Would you prefer YouTube or Twitch for streaming?

On 6/3/2022 at 6:12 PM, Jasmin said:

Facebook allows users to give starts to their favorite content creators, which can be converted to fiat money. However, enabling starts is not available in every location.

Really, I didn't about that until now, or maybe I haven't observed it on my Facebook yet. That's also really good coming from Facebook giving content creator an avenue to earn on their platform just like YouTube.

12 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Yeah, for my movies, it's strictly on Netflix or Hulu. I'm hoping that you are familiar with Hulu as well because most people are just into Netflix? 

I have heard about Hulu but never bothered about using their services. I'm well contented with what Netflix offers me not to look elsewhere. 

Any video content management system outside of YouTube at this moment is 'No No for me. I'm settled on YouTube, I don't think their is any better than YouTube. When it comes to userbase it is number one, and a user friendly platform, fun to be around. 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:01 PM, Jasmin said:

That's correct. If you want to get into youtube start creating short videos. You don't have to pass monetization threshold. You can start by posting short videos of you playing games

I have started doing that for 3 days now and hopefully by month end, I would know how many videos I have uploaded. The next step would be how to get views and subscriberd. 

8 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I have heard about Hulu but never bothered about using their services. I'm well contented with what Netflix offers me not to look elsewhere. 

Hulu is just as good as Netflix from my experience with using both of them. It's just the availability of movie contents and when they come up that differs. 

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Hulu is just as good as Netflix from my experience with using both of them. It's just the availability of movie contents and when they come up that differs. 

Hulu subscription fee is a cheaper a bit than Netflix, although it comes with a little ad but you can pay for it to be removed for extra $2.

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have started doing that for 3 days now and hopefully by month end, I would know how many videos I have uploaded. The next step would be how to get views and subscriberd. 

Your short videos can get you subscribers on your channel. However, you need to constantly upload new videos and get likes and comment on your short videos to keep going in the algorithm. 

1 hour ago, Jasmin said:

Your short videos can get you subscribers on your channel. However, you need to constantly upload new videos and get likes and comment on your short videos to keep going in the algorithm. 

That's what I'm working on right now. I have already started sharing my video links in some platforms I'm active on and hopefully I would get lots of traffic from there. 

Personally, I prefer Youtube but only marginally - I know Twitch is specifically designed for streaming and it is a good streaming platform but dealing with the moderators and other employees there is an absolute nightmare. Youtube has terrible customer service but Twitch is on a whole different level.

I recently crested a YouTube channel for my football match videos or freestyles. I just love YouTube, it is very user-friendly with lots of users. Let me see how my soccer channel gonna fair in the next coming days. 

Edited by Justin11

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I recently crested a YouTube channel for my football match videos or freestyles. I just love YouTube, it is very user-friendly with lots of users. Let me see how my soccer channel gonna fair in the next coming days. 

That's cool, @Justin11 do you play professional football?

I enjoy live football as much I do in my video games though I don't play live football regularly but I always do in video games.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Personally, I prefer Youtube but only marginally - I know Twitch is specifically designed for streaming and it is a good streaming platform but dealing with the moderators and other employees there is an absolute nightmare. Youtube has terrible customer service but Twitch is on a whole different level.

Both of them knows that they somewhat doesn't have too much competition in the market and it's why they treat their customers as such. 

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's cool, @Justin11 do you play professional football?

I enjoy live football as much I do in my video games though I don't play live football regularly but I always do in video games.

Nope, I'm not a professional footballer yet, but hopefully I'll become by faith. I'm still at the amateur level, I created the YouTube to keep up with steady match videos to attract the eyes of top football scouts. That's why I need to put my best to make the videos I'll be uploading to stand out and not being low quality. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Nope, I'm not a professional footballer yet, but hopefully I'll become by faith. I'm still at the amateur level, I created the YouTube to keep up with steady match videos to attract the eyes of top football scouts. That's why I need to put my best to make the videos I'll be uploading to stand out and not being low quality. 

Okay, that's good too.

YouTube is actually a good platform where you can get views and also prospective scouts who might be interested in your videos and want to see you play professionally.

Good luck in all you do.