Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game do you struggle with that everyone claims is easy?

On 8/1/2022 at 8:36 PM, Kane99 said:

I heard some argue that sekiro is even tougher than the dark souls series and bloodborne. I have no idea if that is true or not, but I assume it's close to being as difficult to the dark souls series. I would need to eventually play sekiro to find out, but from the looks of it, it's a close one..

Most gamers have been saying same thing, I have played dark souls and bloodborne though dark souls is more challenging than bloodborne I would really like to play sekiro: shadow die twice and experience it for myself to be able to give my own reviews and comparison.

I like soul games because it is a more challenging video game genre in my opinion.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:36 PM, Kane99 said:

I heard some argue that sekiro is even tougher than the dark souls series and bloodborne. I have no idea if that is true or not, but I assume it's close to being as difficult to the dark souls series. I would need to eventually play sekiro to find out, but from the looks of it, it's a close one..

Having played both Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Dark Souls, I can categorically tell you that Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is more difficult in terms of combat and the kind of difficult bosses you have to face in the game.

The game plays less emphasis on exploration like it's done in Dark Souls. It's all about killing or getting killed. It's one of the most dark games in a hostile environment I have played. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Having played both Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Dark Souls, I can categorically tell you that Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is more difficult in terms of combat and the kind of difficult bosses you have to face in the game.

The game plays less emphasis on exploration like it's done in Dark Souls. It's all about killing or getting killed. It's one of the most dark games in a hostile environment I have played. 

Ah ok, so it's a lot more fast paced and in your face essentially? Makes sense for a game like this. 

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

Most gamers have been saying same thing, I have played dark souls and bloodborne though dark souls is more challenging than bloodborne I would really like to play sekiro: shadow die twice and experience it for myself to be able to give my own reviews and comparison.

I like soul games because it is a more challenging video game genre in my opinion.

I like the idea of them as well. I just wish I had the patience to get good at them haha. I have tried to play Dark Souls, but I couldn't be bothered when it got super crazy. One of the first bosses I saw, not the beginning one, but maybe a few hours in for a noob, he was in a dungeon I think, I don't remember, but I remember being like, "nah, I don't think I can do this" and gave up at that point lol. My friend who has played Dark Souls, comes over, plays it for about 20-30 minutes and beats the boss with my character. I still haven't gone back to it lol. 

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

To be fair, Dark Souls games have always been challenging - I don't know anyone that can say they're easy and if they tell you that, they're lying through their teeth.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, Dark Souls games have always been challenging - I don't know anyone that can say they're easy and if they tell you that, they're lying through their teeth.

They could be challenging but not rocket science, after a few game play you would begin to get a hang of what the game is like.

It was kinda strange when I heard my buddy say soul games are completely easy. Lol

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Idk, I imagine there are a few people out there who are masters at most Dark Souls games and can get through them with ease. Of course, those are also probably seasoned vets who have played the games so much, that they have become pros at the series. I know if you have patience for these games, and can handle dying so much, I can see you eventually becoming a pro at it. I just don't have the patience myself lol. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I struggled first time playing God of war II, even when my friends are so good playing the game. It took me more than three months to master the game, upon that, I didn't get to finish the game to the last chapter. 

yeah the original trilogy took some getting used to. I remember played the first game and being mesmerized by it, then by the second I kinda felt played out. There was a moment in 2 or maybe it was 3, where you have to navigate this area while flying. For me I couldn't see exactly where I had to go and ended up doing the level a couple times. I finished both 1 and 2, but I don't think I ever beat the third game. Imo, the original God of War games were kinda easy, or at least easier than I remember. 

On 8/3/2022 at 7:48 PM, Kane99 said:

Ah ok, so it's a lot more fast paced and in your face essentially? Makes sense for a game like this. 

Yes of course, it's a very fast paced game where you're going to find it very difficult reading the AI moves in combat. Dark Souls 3 is almost the same thing with it but Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a lot worst at it. Dark Souls 1 and 2 was a bit better in terms of the game speed and difficulty. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

yeah the original trilogy took some getting used to. I remember played the first game and being mesmerized by it, then by the second I kinda felt played out. There was a moment in 2 or maybe it was 3, where you have to navigate this area while flying. For me I couldn't see exactly where I had to go and ended up doing the level a couple times. I finished both 1 and 2, but I don't think I ever beat the third game. Imo, the original God of War games were kinda easy, or at least easier than I remember. 

The first edition of God of war was fair easy, but the season II wasn't an easy one, I first played it on PS3. The first one was quite easy even if I didn't play it that much, because I was learning how to play on PS2 as a complete beginner, that's why it didn't look that easy for me. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

The first edition of God of war was fair easy, but the season II wasn't an easy one, I first played it on PS3. The first one was quite easy even if I didn't play it that much, because I was learning how to play on PS2 as a complete beginner, that's why it didn't look that easy for me. 

The first god of War had some tough moments as well. For the most part, the original trilogy wasn't that hard. I just remember one point in 3 that I hated. But otherwise I felt each of the were about the same difficulty wise. And honestly I imagine the newer god of War games are tougher than the original trilogy. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The first god of War had some tough moments as well. For the most part, the original trilogy wasn't that hard. I just remember one point in 3 that I hated. But otherwise I felt each of the were about the same difficulty wise. And honestly I imagine the newer god of War games are tougher than the original trilogy. 

God of War III is inarguably the most difficult of the game's franchise in my opinion. I was able to complete both God of War 1 and 2 in very hard mode but I wasn't able to do it in God of War III. 

On 8/6/2022 at 3:11 PM, Heatman said:

God of War III is inarguably the most difficult of the game's franchise in my opinion. I was able to complete both God of War 1 and 2 in very hard mode but I wasn't able to do it in God of War III. 

I played on easier difficulties myself. Can't be bothered to play them in the toughest difficulty. I like to experience the story as well, and on harder modes it takes me way too long and I don't have time for that. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I played on easier difficulties myself. Can't be bothered to play them in the toughest difficulty. I like to experience the story as well, and on harder modes it takes me way too long and I don't have time for that. 

It was actually Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice  that I had to readjust to easy play mode in order to get used to the gameplay because it was very hard for me to break into it. After a couple of play, it was when I was able to find my way back into it in a difficult play mode. I hope that one day, I'd be among those that feel that it's easy for them to beat. 

On 8/4/2022 at 12:39 AM, Clasher said:

They could be challenging but not rocket science, after a few game play you would begin to get a hang of what the game is like.

It was kinda strange when I heard my buddy say soul games are completely easy. Lol

This sums up the Soulslike experience: it's one of the most obvious examples of pattern recognition in today's games. That doesn't make it easy per se, but if you pay attention to the boss abilities and remember them you can breeze through them. I don't because I'm too impatient! 😅

YouTuber Lorerunner once said it best: Dark Souls is not hard. Dark Souls is punishing. It punishes players who don't react appropriately to an enemy's telegraphing of abilities by dealing a lot of damage and potentially sending you back to a point where you need to consume some resources for you can face off with the boss. Making mistakes is expected, and nobody can claim the game is easy without having made those mistakes plenty of times before, but the negative impact making said mistakes is far greater and ultimately what makes Soulslike gameplay what it is.

Unfortunately some games don't do that, and just claim a high difficulty, distant checkpoints and sluggish combat a Soulslike make. If you want a lesson in how to ignore the fundamentals of Dark Souls' design philosophy look no further than Lords of the Fallen: a decent enough game if you know how to cheese it, but otherwise fails at being as satisfying as a Soulslike.