Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game do you struggle with that everyone claims is easy?

21 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

YouTuber Lorerunner once said it best: Dark Souls is not hard. Dark Souls is punishing. It punishes players who don't react appropriately to an enemy's telegraphing of abilities by dealing a lot of damage and potentially sending you back to a point where you need to consume some resources for you can face off with the boss. Making mistakes is expected, and nobody can claim the game is easy without having made those mistakes plenty of times before, but the negative impact making said mistakes is far greater and ultimately what makes Soulslike gameplay what it is.

The more reason why a few people I know refused to play dark soul after a few gameplay , they didn't have the patience to observe and understand the bosses they just want an easy X and BOX tap ' tap kind of bosses and then they are off to the next phase.

I enjoy the challenge of soul games though there has never been a time when I play dark soul 3 without sweaty fingers as a result of all the attention I apply to it but it's still very much enjoyable.

4 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

😅YouTuber Lorerunner once said it best: Dark Souls is not hard. Dark Souls is punishing. It punishes players who don't react appropriately to an enemy's telegraphing of abilities by dealing a lot of damage and potentially sending you back to a point where you need to consume some resources for you can face off with the boss. Making mistakes is expected, and nobody can claim the game is easy without having made those mistakes plenty of times before, but the negative impact making said mistakes is far greater and ultimately what makes Soulslike gameplay what it is.

Weird, I couldn't edit your emoji out on mobile. Anyway I agree 100%. I know I could do better at these Souls games, but I just don't have the patience. Anyone can do good at these games if they paid attention and took things slow. Watched attack patterns and so on. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Weird, I couldn't edit your emoji out on mobile. Anyway I agree 100%. I know I could do better at these Souls games, but I just don't have the patience. Anyone can do good at these games if they paid attention and took things slow. Watched attack patterns and so on. 

On editing the emoji, you can't delete but a way around it is highlighting it with other words and use the cut option and not delete. That's by the way. On topic with dealing with the level of punishment you get in the game, it gets worst when you're trying to rush the game. Making any progress on it would be almost impossible. 

On 8/9/2022 at 4:46 PM, Heatman said:

On editing the emoji, you can't delete but a way around it is highlighting it with other words and use the cut option and not delete. That's by the way. On topic with dealing with the level of punishment you get in the game, it gets worst when you're trying to rush the game. Making any progress on it would be almost impossible. 

Yeah I notice I like to rush the game when I play. I don't like to read attack patterns and try to find the best rhythm. I just want to play and not deal with tough difficulty. But, maybe games like Dark Souls just isn't for me. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I notice I like to rush the game when I play. I don't like to read attack patterns and try to find the best rhythm. I just want to play and not deal with tough difficulty. But, maybe games like Dark Souls just isn't for me. 

It took me a very long time because I got used to studying playing such games. Without learning painstakingly, it's going to be one of the most frustrating video games you would ever play. 

6 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Recently, I got into soul games initially I wouldn't have considered it because it is quite difficult and each time I try to play I don't really have a good time with it.

Since I got back into playing soul games I am starting to enjoy it. 

The title of the thread is "What game do you struggle with that everyone claims is easy?". Setting aside my own personal distain for these types of game because I feel thier cheap, not hard, Soul's games and Souls likes are hard by design, it's all about the difficulty. There may not be any game or game series more inappropriate to discuss in this thread. You find them hard, but so does everyone, that's the whole point. In fact people are so obsessed with the difficulty in these games that they're completely blind to the games faults.

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

The title of the thread is "What game do you struggle with that everyone claims is easy?". Setting aside my own personal distain for these types of game because I feel thier cheap, not hard, Soul's games and Souls likes are hard by design, it's all about the difficulty. There may not be any game or game series more inappropriate to discuss in this thread. You find them hard, but so does everyone, that's the whole point. In fact people are so obsessed with the difficulty in these games that they're completely blind to the games faults.

Soul games are difficult to me but I am determined to explore and try out my hands on other genres of video games.

They come Highly recommended from a few people I know but each time I try to play it's always not a good experience.

But now I am more calm and patient which is the more reason why I now feel comfortable playing those games though that  hasn't changed  the fact that I still struggle with it at times.

13 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Soul games are difficult to me but I am determined to explore and try out my hands on other genres of video games.

They come Highly recommended from a few people I know but each time I try to play it's always not a good experience.

But now I am more calm and patient which is the more reason why I now feel comfortable playing those games though that  hasn't changed  the fact that I still struggle with it at times.

Look again at the title of the thread;

"What game do you struggle with that everyone claims is easy?"

That's not what a souls game is to anyone because they're punishingly hard by design, like I said. It's also clear form what you've posted that is not what a souls game is to you either. You said your friends recommended the games to you, not that they claimed they were easy. Understand a topic before you comment on it. You have actually posted to this same topic several times already, so I don't understand why you get it.

Edited by Shagger

It would have to be Grounded for me. I started playing Grounded back in 2020 when they released it early access for people on Game Pass and I spent hours just playing the game, trying to work everything out. I got to the point where I found it so overwhelming and wasn't fully getting the gist of what I needed to do that I gave up and I have never gone back. I now see so many playing it and they love the game and seem to find it so easy to know what to do in it but still to this day, I myself am still at a loss as to what the aim is of the game. It's probably something so simple but I just couldn't get my head around it.