Register Now
DC

The strangest video game

I've already mentioned Harvester in another thread, which has seemingly caused permanent damage to the site's two moderators' sanity so I'll avoid that nominating that one.

@Yaramaki's suggestions are some of my favourites here, and some of them I really wanted to play (Mister Mosquito was one I desperately wanted but was difficult to find in my corner of the country), and the briefly mentioned Deadly Premonition is one of the few survival(?) horror games I can withstand even if I don't get on with its controls.

Similarly to @killamch89's nomination of Sonic's Schoolhouse, there was Rayman Junior, a game designed to help improve Maths and English. It wasn't particularly advanced and the platforming was minimal, but it was decent enough to fool me into enjoying myself. Of all the mascots...

I think my only unique choice would be Doshin the Giant. It's a game where you play as a giant yellow god with a outward belly button, who can mould the world around them for the betterment of their worshippers. If Doshin upsets the people enough, he turns into Jashin and can perform evil deeds such as breathing fire. It was an unusual god game and settlement sim to say the least but it does possess a charm few other games of its ilk do.

7 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I've already mentioned Harvester

Looked this up and I wouldn't have believed such a game exists , it feels like something drawn out of an horror movie, it's sounds track and the story line.

If I could I would certainly get a copy of it so I could experience it first hand, it was released in 1996 and it would be difficult finding it now.

Edited by Clasher

On 6/30/2022 at 6:29 PM, killamch89 said:

Screw my answer earlier - "Sonic schoolhouse" on PC in the mid 90's is the strangest game I've ever played and that's by a long shot. Sonic throughout the whole game sounds annoying with a high-pitched voice and it was an educational game.

You're very correct about how strange that game  "Sonic schoolhouse". I couldn't stand Sonic's voice, it was really that annoying to be very honest. At one point, it made me stop playing the game but because of the educational tips in the game, I had to go back to playing it. 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:21 AM, Justin11 said:

his is not video game, I wouldn't try it at all. @Empire, do you want to tell us you play this game below up to this day? 

Nope, some great mad onlone ,ate gifted thuis as a joke and we all end up gifting this game to eath other 😛 none of us ended up not playing i at all. I never even installed it. 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Nope, some great mad onlone ,ate gifted thuis as a joke and we all end up gifting this game to eath other 😛 none of us ended up not playing i at all. I never even installed it. 

I thought about it, because that's not a game, so weird at gameplay. Anyone who gifts me this game wants to mock me, nothing appealing around it. 

On 7/9/2022 at 6:24 PM, Clasher said:

Looked this up and I wouldn't have believed such a game exists , it feels like something drawn out of an horror movie, it's sounds track and the story line.

If I could I would certainly get a copy of it so I could experience it first hand, it was released in 1996 and it would be difficult finding it now.

The game is still very much available for you to get right now on Steam for $5.99 if you're serious about getting and playing the game. 

Here's the link to the game on steam 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/287020/Harvester/

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

Thanks mate, I will check it out now.

It would be worth adding to my collection.

You're welcome buddy. It's even very cheap for what it's been sold now, so it's not like a big spending that's going to try and break your pocket for spending on the game. 

I hope it's everything you look for in it once you get to purchase it. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

You're welcome buddy. It's even very cheap for what it's been sold now, so it's not like a big spending that's going to try and break your pocket for spending on the game. 

I hope it's everything you look for in it once you get to purchase it. 

I like the introduction triller and it's sound track which helped to amplify the  horror more, even though I don't play it cos it's too old and the graphics won't be too appealing to me, adding it to my collection would give me some satisfaction.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

I like the introduction triller and it's sound track which helped to amplify the  horror more, even though I don't play it cos it's too old and the graphics won't be too appealing to me, adding it to my collection would give me some satisfaction.

If it's something that I'm interested in playing, the game's graphics wouldn't be a deciding factor for me. It's the gameplay that's going to hold much relevance for me with the game. Once that checks out nicely, I'll have to play it. 

I always thought katamaro damacy was a weird and random one. I saw videos of this game and ways wanted to play, but never have. I remember it being hugely popular when it came out. And it's still weird to me this day. And honestly, it feels like a game that would come out these days. 

On 7/11/2022 at 9:34 PM, Kane99 said:

I always thought katamaro damacy was a weird and random one. I saw videos of this game and ways wanted to play, but never have. I remember it being hugely popular when it came out. And it's still weird to me this day. And honestly, it feels like a game that would come out these days. 

This was my first time of hearing about the game Katamaro Damacy and I had to check out its trailer in order to see what it's like. In all honesty, it sure looks like an odd strange game. I understand that it's a puzzle game but it's not a regular puzzle game from what I saw on the trailer. 

HOiN9sx.jpg

Love Tore Trilogy - Sweet, Bitter and Mint ( Xbox 360 )

Kind of wanted to add a little something different to this thread by bringing up a series probably nobody has heard of yet. I've always wanted to talk about the Love tore games one way or the other so what better way then to do it now right? Because boy these are one the strangest games i've experienced in quite a while.

The kinect to me has always been a interesting device, offcourse it has it's problems like anything else and it lacked a major system seller, however games like Fable the journey and gunslinger just to name two games are worth playing. That being said these days the kinect is a great divice to introduce little children to gaming since offcourse you don't need a controller and a lot of games are kid friendly, just to make sure nothing breakable is into the immediate vicinity because it's bound to break. 

This leads us to the Love Tore trilogy, i'm just covering the entire trilogy because they are pretty much the same games just with different girls. Offcourse in Japan they tought about using the kinect in a slightly different way i don't know what stuff the devs were on or who's idea it was but hey how about we make a fitness, dance, visual novel, dating simulator all in one.

It's your standard affair at first you gotta help the girls with their training for an upcoming dance event. For the kinect the exercises are pretty good and the sensor reads it quite well and offcourse since i'm a lazy bum when it games to playing games like why would i exercise while gaming, i failed quite a bit, resulting i me failing a lot of time which in turn making the girls very angry and boy they can get angry. I gave up on the series for a while because clearly it was nothing for me since i'm about as athlectic as somebody who goes to mcdonalds twice a day , until i had the smart idea why not have my girlfriend her 8 year old son try it out in my place and i can just watch along.

This was however not my smartest idea, he seemed to enjoy himself tough. But damn the game get's really creepy and pervy after a while, luckly for me the game is all in japanese so he coulden't really read what was going, Offcourse in typical japanese tradition the better you do you unlock more skimpy outfits and the perv factor gets cracked up a notch once the girls starting to like you, like you can start perving by moving your body here and there and at some point your can start "petting" the girls by waving your hand, taking in account some are underage . Whoever tought this up man you should seek help man. 

Yeah these games are so good i had to get em twice, These collectors editions come with a sountrack and towel probably to wipe off your sweat (or shoot your load in ).

I've always wondered why they didn't bring these games over to the west, now i can safely say why because it's the strangest shit you'll find on kinect (maybe 360 in general ) and that on platform that already has some strange shit in itself. Star wars kinect anyone?

Edited by Yaramaki

On 7/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, Heatman said:

This was my first time of hearing about the game Katamaro Damacy and I had to check out its trailer in order to see what it's like. In all honesty, it sure looks like an odd strange game. I understand that it's a puzzle game but it's not a regular puzzle game from what I saw on the trailer. 

The series has been around since probably the PS2 era, or so I think. I believe there was a game that came out on the PS2 years ago, but I may be wrong. Either way, it's been a long running series kinda, and has produced some spin-offs too if I'm not mistaken. 

There's been other games that have kinda copied it, but I can't think of the titles. 

4 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

The series has been around since probably the PS2 era, or so I think. I believe there was a game that came out on the PS2 years ago, but I may be wrong. Either way, it's been a long running series kinda, and has produced some spin-offs too if I'm not mistaken. 

There's been other games that have kinda copied it, but I can't think of the titles. 

I should have at least 2 friends that are still playing on Playstation 2. I would probably reach out to both of them and see if anyone of them had the game. If any of them should have the game, I would have to make out time to go and play it for real and experience what the gameplay is like. It's a strange game but I'm betting it's sure going to fun to play.