Register Now
DC

Do you watch gameplay on YouTube?

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I imagine they are age gated, as in whoever watches their show, are required to sign into a valid YouTube. If you're underage you won't be able to watch it. Their content has been more adult oriented since they started. They kinda tamed it down a bit in recent years, but they still sometimes swear and say dumb stuff lol. 

If that's the case then, it solves any worries that I have about the kind of contents they expose kids to. The media is capable of influencing kids to a point making them become paranoid and it's not good for their upbringing. It's good that they are taming down how vulgar they are in their content creation. 

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

If that's the case then, it solves any worries that I have about the kind of contents they expose kids to. The media is capable of influencing kids to a point making them become paranoid and it's not good for their upbringing. It's good that they are taming down how vulgar they are in their content creation. 

I think most content like this is age gated, but I could be wrong. I've seen some YouTubers who post some offensive content, open for viewing even as a kid. I think YouTube in general is a mess, so I could see some YouTubers getting away with not age-gating their channel. 

I know some YouTubers hate age-gating, as it causes issues with their ads, as some advertisers don't like to be paired up with content that's age-gated. Or age restricted. Which is why many YouTubers have started bleeping themselves so they can show it to all ages. I think Game Grumps does this, but I'm not sure. I feel like they let their swears go. 

On 8/10/2022 at 5:48 PM, Kane99 said:

I think most content like this is age gated, but I could be wrong. I've seen some YouTubers who post some offensive content, open for viewing even as a kid. I think YouTube in general is a mess, so I could see some YouTubers getting away with not age-gating their channel. 

I know some YouTubers hate age-gating, as it causes issues with their ads, as some advertisers don't like to be paired up with content that's age-gated. Or age restricted. Which is why many YouTubers have started bleeping themselves so they can show it to all ages. I think Game Grumps does this, but I'm not sure. I feel like they let their swears go. 

I would have to look into some of their recent contents on video games to see exactly the nature of what they are still putting out there based on what they are know to have been doing for years. If it's good enough, I'm going to pay more attention to them. 

One of the more reasons why before you are allowed to upload a content on YouTube you are asked to specify if it is appropriate for kids viewing so they wouldn't let your contents be available to people under that age bracket.

There is even a new feature on YouTube called YouTube for kids which would make you more relaxed as to what contents they are been exposed to.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

One of the more reasons why before you are allowed to upload a content on YouTube you are asked to specify if it is appropriate for kids viewing so they wouldn't let your contents be available to people under that age bracket.

There is even a new feature on YouTube called YouTube for kids which would make you more relaxed as to what contents they are been exposed to.

That's great work from YouTube, they've really tried in that aspect to protect children from inappropriate videos which are mainly adult contents. All my videos at this moment published on YouTube is appropriate for kids view. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's great work from YouTube, they've really tried in that aspect to protect children from inappropriate videos which are mainly adult contents. All my videos at this moment published on YouTube is appropriate for kids view. 

That's good

I really don't like watching offensive contents or someone trying hard to demerit something and so uses a lot of swear words to do so.

Which is one of the reasons I don't subscribe to a lot YouTube channels, I just search for a particular content get what I want out of it and then I'm out.

I have plans on watching Sifu 1 hour playthrough on Snaxan channel later in the day probably when I'm back home so that I can be well relaxed to enjoy it. Snaxan is a lady, so I'm giving her so much credit for putting in the effort. 

On 8/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, Clasher said:

That's good

I really don't like watching offensive contents or someone trying hard to demerit something and so uses a lot of swear words to do so.

Which is one of the reasons I don't subscribe to a lot YouTube channels, I just search for a particular content get what I want out of it and then I'm out.

That's how it supposed to be mate, I wouldn't go on subscribing to many YouTube channels with offensive contents, I love being polite and when you're passing message as an instructor you need to be polite too. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's how it supposed to be mate, I wouldn't go on subscribing to many YouTube channels with offensive contents, I love being polite and when you're passing message as an instructor you need to be polite too. 

You don't actually have subscribe to the channels at all because you can very well check out their contents before subscribing to the channel. Subscription doesn't prevent you from watching and knowing if it's something you like or hate. Once their contents downstairs meet your standard, you walk away. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

You don't actually have subscribe to the channels at all because you can very well check out their contents before subscribing to the channel. Subscription doesn't prevent you from watching and knowing if it's something you like or hate. Once their contents downstairs meet your standard, you walk away. 

Yes, and their is no way I can exaggerate that a channel is offensive when I never go through it's contents. I must watch it's videos, it will give me an overview of what his or her channel is all about, then I can go on to subscribe or not. 

On 8/14/2022 at 8:54 AM, Candy Stick said:

Sometimes I do, as long as they're not yelling in an obnoxious way. 

Personally, I don't enjoy the yelling at all for any reason whatsoever. I can't understand why you'd be yelling when you're well aware it's a content that you meant for others to watch. The excessive loudness makes me disorganised and disorientated when watching such channels. 

I'll mostly watch people playing games to get an idea of what they are about if they are worth it overall, and the type of game that it is (since some kind of a blend between a few different genres). I don't subscribe to anyone, however.

55 minutes ago, Syntax said:

I'll mostly watch people playing games to get an idea of what they are about if they are worth it overall, and the type of game that it is (since some kind of a blend between a few different genres). I don't subscribe to anyone, however.

If you don't subscribe, you wouldn't be always updated on their recent uploads especially for the channels that you have picked interest in their gaming content. I feel like that's very important as long as you have need to use their channel in the future. 

On 8/14/2022 at 3:54 AM, Candy Stick said:

Sometimes I do, as long as they're not yelling in an obnoxious way. 

I can't stand YouTubers or streamers that do that. It's why I never cared for pewdiepie and other content creators like him. My nephew was watching a YouTuber recently who was obnoxiously loud, and I don't get how anyone can get into that. The dude wasn't even funny in any way. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you don't subscribe, you wouldn't be always updated on their recent uploads especially for the channels that you have picked interest in their gaming content. I feel like that's very important as long as you have need to use their channel in the future. 

When it comes to YouTube, they don't always notify you of new videos. I just check out the recently uploaded list though, so I usually catch everything I'm subscribed to. But there are times where I do miss content on YouTube at least.