Register Now
DC

Do you watch gameplay on YouTube?

Do you watch gameplay make by other people on YouTube? If yes, how often? How much time do you spend on watching it? Who specifically do you follow/subscribe to for gameplay?

Please note this is a not a thread meant for self-promotion. Feel free to complete your own channel and videos here.

I watch a lot of RDR2 videos. Strange Man is a good channel. I don't watch a lot of gameplay for other games, unless it's something that I simply can't figure out. There is one channel I watch (can't remember who) that teaches you how to get any of the cards in FF8 without having to deal with a bunch of bullshit rules. So that's a major plus. Other than that, I don't really watch many gaming videos.

That's one of the things I do with my time at YouTube and not just learning about softwares or watching entertainment shows. I love watching motorcycle racing games, and other top quality racing games like 'GT, Asphalt, F1, and Forza horizon series gameplay. 

I haven't as much recently, but I used to watch a lot of lets plays on YouTube, from Game Grumps, Super Best Friends play (they stopped making videos like 5 years ago) and a funhaus just to name a few. I don't watch as much anymore because I also like to watch other content on YouTube, but if there's a game I really want to play but can't, I will sometimes watch a lets play of it. I did so for the Last of Us Part 2. 

I go to YouTube as well when I need to learn the tricks of playing a particular game I never played before just for the first time. Those gaming YouTube channel owners are just cool when it comes to making reviews, hints, about any game at all. So, I pick what I truly want from any game I want to learn about there. 

I used to really like watching lets plays of horror games. I am not one for playing horror games. I do sometimes get scared from them, but it's more of the cheap jumpscares I don't like to deal with. So, I watched streamers and lets players play popular horror games, because I never will. I saw playthroughs of the recent RE games. 

There are some horror games I can do, but most of them I don't care to play. 

Another video games YouTuber that I also enjoy his content so much is Vanoss Gaming. His sense of authenticity and how his contents are not always crude like other channels makes me fancy his channel a lot. He's got a massive 25.7 million subscribers now. 

All the time, I watch people play games on Twitch and YouTube from playing them as they are or from games with that they makeup while roleplaying in GTA. At times I watch them to see if they are good games to worth buying and playing myself. Or maybe I do not want to ow nthe game but rather watch people play them rather then play them

YouTube is a cool place to be when it comes to diverse niche, recently I watched the trailer of For-spoken and Stray over at YouTube, which has made me to consider the games for purchase when they finally launch. 

I have been trying to play video games for lesser hours this days, though it's hard whenever I lay my hands on a controller to stop playing, so when I don't want to play video games but I feel the urge to I just watch a few minutes of video game streams or read a few video game contents for about 10 minutes and I would get over the urge and focus more on what I am doing.

Nah i don't, why should i watch gameplay, when i can play the game myself, never really got the point of it and probably never will, maybe if i'm stuck on something but that is really a last resort as i'm a stubborn fool and want to solve it myself.

Maybe i'll watch a review or trailer every once in a while but even that has declined a lot recently. The gaming stuff i watch are mostly about older games and are usually more collector based channels that tend to be on the smaller side for the most part.

These days i find myself watching more and more non gaming related content about my favourite sports like football and formula one  Hitc sevens is a gem of a channel for more obscure things in football, i also love the irish guy his rants. 

Edited by Yaramaki

9 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Nah i don't, why should i watch gameplay, when i can play the game myself, never really got the point of it and probably never will, maybe if i'm stuck on something but that is really a last resort as i'm a stubborn fool and want to solve it myself.

Maybe i'll watch a review or trailer every once in a while but even that has declined a lot recently. The gaming stuff i watch are mostly about older games and are usually more collector based channels that tend to be on the smaller side for the most part.

These days i find myself watching more and more non gaming related content about my favourite sports like football and formula one  Hitc sevens is a gem of a channel for more obscure things in football, i also love the irish guy his rants. 

That's fair.

To explain my reason, it's partly because I want to watch this person play it instead. Either because it's something I never intend to play myself or just can't see myself playing. 

Another reason is because the person playing the game has a personality and it's fun to see them experience the game. Some YouTubers don't talk during their let's plays. But some like to banter. 

I will sometimes watch ones of games I already played. I like to experience others playing it for the first time too. 

It's not every game that I dedicate time watching its gameplay on YouTube. It depends on how interesting I find the game that's going to make me watch the full gameplay. I watched Splinter Cell Conviction yesterday.