Register Now
DC

Reasons not to upgrade to windows 11?

At the moment, I don't have any need or rush to jump into Windows 11 because from the looks of everything, the Windows 10 version is still very much better. Also Microsoft is still going to support Windows 10 till 2025. Why the rush to Windows 11 when I still have 3 more good years to enjoy all the features in Windows 10?

At times money caused it, not everyone got money for such upgrade, maybe they got other needs to sort out with money, due to low income generation. At this time, I don't have any PC, but I'm hoping to get the latest version when I launch one in the future. 

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Money. I already have Windows on my PC, so why the hell would I want it again? Also I don't know if such an "upgrade" would affect programs and files that I have on my computer at the moment. I know in earlier versions of Windows it did.

It’s a free upgrade, that is if your computer has TPM 2.0, which isn’t as uncommon as people think.

Updated to windows 11. Its not necessarily bad but you can tell it was designed by a graphic designer and not a HUD designer as it looks pretty but they have made it harder to use like moving things out of the way and adding more button clicks to reach things like delete and rename etc. I wouldnt upgrade because I have had a lot of bugs like my mouse just suddenly lagging all over the place for a few minutes. I also have a muscle memory of the windows button being bottom left so whenever I flick my mouse that direction and click on windows 11, I remember that the windows button is now in the middle lol

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Updated to windows 11. Its not necessarily bad but you can tell it was designed by a graphic designer and not a HUD designer as it looks pretty but they have made it harder to use like moving things out of the way and adding more button clicks to reach things like delete and rename etc. I wouldnt upgrade because I have had a lot of bugs like my mouse just suddenly lagging all over the place for a few minutes. I also have a muscle memory of the windows button being bottom left so whenever I flick my mouse that direction and click on windows 11, I remember that the windows button is now in the middle lol

Iirc, there’s a setting or something you can install that moves the start button back to the bottom left. Or just press the Windows key on your keyboard.

22 hours ago, Grungie said:

Iirc, there’s a setting or something you can install that moves the start button back to the bottom left. Or just press the Windows key on your keyboard.

It's in the windows setting itself 🙂 No need to edit the files or download software for it 🙂 Microsoft added not long after it was released. 

11 hours ago, Empire said:

It's in the windows setting itself 🙂 No need to edit the files or download software for it 🙂 Microsoft added not long after it was released. 

Nice, I haven’t looked into it after I installed it. I’ve always just used the Windows key.

I love using the latest version of any hardware/electronics. If I get the chance to upgrade to windows 11 when I have the cash available, why won't I upgrade? definitely I'll upgrade because the money is there for miscellaneous things. 

On 8/7/2022 at 9:50 AM, Clasher said:

Windows 10 still works well and doesn't lag so I don't really see a need to upgrade. 

I would rather buy a pc that Comes with the windows 11 than upgrading my current windows 10 system.

Personally, I don't mind upgrading but the driver support for essential software I use needs to be there first.

I am using Windows 11 on my office and Windows 10 on my laptop in the home. Truly speaking I don't know what are the differences between Windows 11 and 10. Both I can do the same things. Only I feel some slight design has changed in Windows 11.