Register Now
runswithspatulas

wishful thinking...

i wish the pc companies would get together with nintendo and try to figure out a way to bring more pc only games to nintendo. i will never be able to play cod with friends because there's no way to on a switch. there's been quite a few pc only games i've seen that interest me. the so called "similar" ones that switch offers up don't always have the best gameplay or mechanics. if they can offer us fortnite with all that goes into that game i don't understand why they couldn't have a switch version of cod that played the same. your thoughts in things like this?

The Switch is a good system, but it's now running on 5 year old tablet based architecture and has it's limitations.  You can't realistically every game that comes out over the next couple of years that have been optimized for PC's and PS5/XBox Series X consoles to run on that kind of system.

I'd like to twist the idea for this topic the other way. Instead of PC games coming to the switch, which would be kinda hard based off of the switch's hardware. Why not instead, release some of the Nintendo games on PC, like classics and even some of the newer games, like Breath of the Wild, or Super Mario Odyssey. I know Nintendo would never do it, but it makes more sense for Nintendo games coming out on PC than the other way around, at least in my opinion.  

Honestly I’d be kinda bummed if it came to pc. Nintendo for better or worse has always been in an innovator of ways to play games, and their technology is a testament to that. Nintendo is also the cheapest option so I feel that the people who want to play these games anyway, will buy them for themselves or families. People said it would never happen with Sony and look what happened, PC is just getting bigger and Nintendo will cave in eventually.

7 hours ago, Empire said:

Honestly I’d be kinda bummed if it came to pc. Nintendo for better or worse has always been in an innovator of ways to play games, and their technology is a testament to that. Nintendo is also the cheapest option so I feel that the people who want to play these games anyway, will buy them for themselves or families. People said it would never happen with Sony and look what happened, PC is just getting bigger and Nintendo will cave in eventually.

Yeah I get that. Keeping the Nintendo games on their own consoles. 

I just don't think Nintendo needs PC games on their consoles. I think their focus is mostly on consoles and their games. 

But I think it'd be cool to have some Nintendo games come to pc and some PC games come to Nintendo.

Due to the greed of the companies involved, most of what you're asking for will never become a reality. Nintendo is so protective of their assets that they'd never want to port their games to PC. Everything must stay on their platform only.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:52 PM, Kane99 said:

I'd like to twist the idea for this topic the other way. Instead of PC games coming to the switch, which would be kinda hard based off of the switch's hardware. Why not instead, release some of the Nintendo games on PC, like classics and even some of the newer games, like Breath of the Wild, or Super Mario Odyssey. I know Nintendo would never do it, but it makes more sense for Nintendo games coming out on PC than the other way around, at least in my opinion.  

Breath of the wild would be a good game to be available on PC it has so much potentials in my opinion and I enjoy playing it quite a lot.

For a platformer like super Mario Odyssey they chances of that ever been possible is minimal.

On 7/26/2022 at 7:48 PM, killamch89 said:

Due to the greed of the companies involved, most of what you're asking for will never become a reality. Nintendo is so protective of their assets that they'd never want to port their games to PC. Everything must stay on their platform only.

If Nintendo is actually doing something to protect their brand, I'm not really going to call it greed. Yes, it is something that they can be able to do if it is possible for them to do it, but if it is not going to be of more benefit to them, that it's when I would understand their reason for not sanctioning it. 

When was the last time a game like cod was released on a Nintendo console? I think it was the wii, maybe the wii u. But I don't think any came out for the switch. I think it'd be great and could easily be possible. They can easily tone down the graphics to work on the switch if needed. And I bet most games could do it too. 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:52 PM, Kane99 said:

I don't play PC games because of all the hackers and fraud, but Nintendo would never do this unless there were likely a merger or sell out at the Nintendo company. I believe that mobile games have the largest market out there, so that's part of the reason why Nintendo put some of its licensed stuff on cell phones/etcetera.

Yeah if they started making Nintendo games for PC we would be battling the costs of that and I don't wanna pay that kinda money to game. I like things affordable. Once in a while we get a pc game that slides our way. Some are ok. Some not so much. In one of the other threads they were discussing the game Stray. It may be coming to the Switch. They made a Myst game for the Switch but I could never figure it out so I gave up. I wonder if they were to take Roblox and make it for the Switch if the gameplay would be better? Roblox sucks on the computer.

Nice suggestion though, but PC have their own model of games same as Nintendo, they represent their own model. Just as Xbox have their won core games and PS have theirs too. I am comfortable with each game those companies have at the moment for their respective gaming devices. 

5 hours ago, runswithspatulas said:

In one of the other threads they were discussing the game Stray. It may be coming to the Switch. 

Stray is only a timed Playstation exclusive right now. There are no plans to bring it to other gaming systems yet. But, maybe after a long time in the future, it's going to come to Xbox or Nintendo.