Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is it easier for you to be responsible in games than IRL?

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think with video games in general, they are a lot easier to handle than real life. Real life can be a huge burden at times, from having to have a job, be healthy, workout, eat food, and so on. In video games I can relax a bit more and not worry so much about the problems in my real life. Real life is a chore to deal with at times, while video games allow me the escape I long for in some regards. 

Video games are not real which makes it easier because wrong decisions won't cost you anything more than starting the mission over again or beginning from the last checkpoint.

Reality takes a different toil on you because you know your wrong decisions could cost you dearly and you might not be able to get over it's repercussions in a life Time.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Video games are not real which makes it easier because wrong decisions won't cost you anything more than starting the mission over again or beginning from the last checkpoint.

Reality takes a different toil on you because you know your wrong decisions could cost you dearly and you might not be able to get over it's repercussions in a life Time.

Exactly. You can make as many mistakes as you want in a video game. Yeah you may have to repeat a level a couple times, or load a save, but for the most part, you don't have to worry about the world in a video game as much as you do with real life. 

You can also turn off the game and take a break from it, you can't pause on life sadly. If I could I would totally pause every so often lol. 

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

The control you have in video games to write and dictate how you shape your survival in the game very easily is what makes it different from what you get in real life.

Real life doesn't give you that much control, you will be forced to face life the way it's looking at you without getting a do over. Just like how you die in game and still gets to repeat mission, it's not possible in real life. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Real life doesn't give you that much control, you will be forced to face life the way it's looking at you without getting a do over. Just like how you die in game and still gets to repeat mission, it's not possible in real life. 

It is way more easier to be responsible and be in control in video games than in reality.

And that is why it is such a good break from the cares of life and why many people are so fascinated by it.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Exactly. You can make as many mistakes as you want in a video game. Yeah you may have to repeat a level a couple times, or load a save, but for the most part, you don't have to worry about the world in a video game as much as you do with real life. 

You can also turn off the game and take a break from it, you can't pause on life sadly. If I could I would totally pause every so often lol. 

Taking a pause from life is being dead 😂. It's not possible unless we are talking about taking your vacation in which you're still expected to be careful how you go about it because something can still go wrong if you are not following caution. But for games, it's all a world of fantasy where almost everything is possible based on your wishes. 

Yes, definitely. I find in video games especially ones where you say have to save things such as money or in game credit for something in the game, I find that much easier to do in the game than I do IRL and I feel that is because, in real life we are having to survive by paying bills, buying food, clothes and all too often you also want to treat yourself as well so with all that you find that it isn't always as easy to save and instead, impulse decisions happen.

On 11/26/2022 at 8:05 PM, Shortie said:

Yes, definitely. I find in video games especially ones where you say have to save things such as money or in game credit for something in the game, I find that much easier to do in the game than I do IRL and I feel that is because, in real life we are having to survive by paying bills, buying food, clothes and all too often you also want to treat yourself as well so with all that you find that it isn't always as easy to save and instead, impulse decisions happen.

I absolutely relate with this, in videos I am always very intentional about my spendings but that's no same IRL.

I could just buy things because I feel I might need them later on.