Register Now
danielgaryuu

New games to check out

First things first, welcome to VGR.

I've move this thread to the Gaming Sub-Forum as that is a more appropriate host for this thread. As for your request, all I can suggest is check out this thread here for some inspiration in terms of finding modable games. I also know of a game called SHENZHEN I/O that might appeal.

6 hours ago, danielgaryuu said:

I'm into programming, and want to play some new games, you have any list of games that I can mod with a computer, that would be a noticeable mapping difference? Thanks

Welcome to the forum! To answer your question, a lot of PC games allow for mods, at least when it comes to the single player component. Online is a different story and I would advise not ever modding an online mode in most games, as you will likely get banned. But if you focus on the single player side, you should be fine. Still though, I'd read their rules and terms and conditions before setting up any mods, at least when it comes to newer games. For example, you can mod RDR2 single player, but Rockstar doesn't allow you to mod multiplayer. They also reserve the right to ban you even if you use them on single player, but you shouldn't. 

With that being said, I suggest RDR2 single player for modding. And like the blackangel said, Skyrim is one of the most modded games around. 

@Heatman @Justin11 I hope you're recommending these games based on their modability as that's what the OP's asking for. If they would like other games in general, I'm sure they'll ask for those as and when they're ready.

~

One of the most popular games for modding is Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, which in the same breath has to have mentioned the Ultimate Apocalypse mod. I don't make the rules, but I am legally obliged to say it contains Titans, Baneblades, and so on and so forth.

Otherwise, in addition to Blackangel's suggestion of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the older two games - III: Morrowind and IV: Oblivion - are heavily modular should you want to add stuff to them. Hell, you can even play Oblivion in Skyrim, and Morrowind in Oblivion with the Skyblivion and Morroblivion total conversion mods.

Edited by Withywarlock

11 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

@Heatman @Justin11 I hope you're recommending these games based on their modability as that's what the OP's asking for. If they would like other games in general, I'm sure they'll ask for those as and when they're ready.

~

One of the most popular games for modding is Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, which in the same breath has to have mentioned the Ultimate Apocalypse mod. I don't make the rules, but I am legally obliged to say it contains Titans, Baneblades, and so on and so forth.

Otherwise, in addition to Blackangel's suggestion of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the older two games - III: Morrowind and IV: Oblivion - are heavily modular should you want to add stuff to them. Hell, you can even play Oblivion in Skyrim, and Morrowind in Oblivion with the Skyblivion and Morroblivion total conversion mods.

Thanks for pointing that out and in addition to the games which I had recommended initially, with Moguri mod in other Final Fantasy 9, it's a very good option. 

Half-life 2, Doom 3, and Dark Souls 3 are good example to pick from when it comes to games that you can mod to play.