Register Now
Techno

Middle Earth

I don't have much interest in medieval fantasy settings, unfortunately. I'm more of a sci-fi guy, and yet, I don't even like Star Wars that much. I guess it's because I never really grew up with all these popular franchises that I didn't care about them as much. I was certainly old enough by the time those LotRs movies came around, but I was still watching cartoons at that age, not exactly the passionate film-buff I would become in later years.

LOTR is legendary - From Sauron to Gandalf, the characters are well-written and the world has so much lore. I don'tm mind the Hobbit movies at all as it provides more insight to LOTR universe. It's perfectly understandable that you'd find the Hobbit films boring because they spend 90% of the film cowering and groveling in fear but the Hobbits in LOTR weren't really a warrior race to begin with. They only fight when they have no choice but to do so.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:08 AM, Heatman said:

Hobbit films looks like a joke to me if I'm being very honest. I only managed to watch The Hobbits once and never again. But with LOTR, it was a super interesting movie. I'm looking forward to watching the TV show of it on Rings of Power. 

The only thing I liked about the Hobbit films is that it expanded upon the lore of the LOTR universe and let us see things from a different perspective.

On 10/30/2022 at 5:13 AM, Justin11 said:

LOTR are good nothing beats the epic entertainment you get from Gandalf and other projects from LOTR.

Nobody is disputing the quality of the main Lord Of The Rings movies - it's the Hobbit movies that we're a bit dissatisfied with.

The Lord of the Rings is only my favorite film of all time. I enjoyed all three films and feel like I couldn't have asked for better. The intense battles, the creatures, the amazing characters, and the overall atmosphere is just amazing. I liked The Hobbit too, but nowhere near as much as The Lord of the Rings.

I've been to Hobbiton! It's an amazing place to go. The first Hobbiton for The Lord of the Rings got torn down and so they had to build it again for The Hobbit. Safe to say they kept the set after The Hobbit and have now made it into a tourist destination. It's really awesome being born in New Zealand! Although sometimes I will travel and see something from The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit and nothing is there! 😮

The Lord of the Rings is only my favorite film of all time and will probably remain that way forever! I love the Middle-earth lore and how awesome both, the films and books were. The Hobbit is good, I think, but it will never outrank The Lord of the Rings.