Register Now
AJH

All time favorite Playstation game?

It depends on which PS you're asking about. If we're talking PS1, it's a pretty dead even tie between FF8 and Castlevania SOTN for me. I missed the entire PS2 era for reasons that I'm not going to get into at the moment, so I can't comment on that one. With PS3, it's a toss up between GoW and Dante's Inferno. I know GoW was originally on PS2, but I didn't get it until it was rereleased on the PS3. As I said, I missed the PS2 era. On Ps4 (and everyone will attest to this) my favorite is hands down RDR2. With PS5, I haven't really gotten started playing many of the PS5 games I have yet so I can't say there. Also I don't have a whole hell of a lot of PS5 games yet. On the PSP it was, again, GoW. Chains Of Olympus on PSP is actually what got me into the GoW series. I've never owned a PS Vita, so I can't comment on that one either.

Well I can't say for PS3 & PS4, since I don't own either console. I only played a few games on PS3, so can't judge that either. But I did own a PS1 and PS2 growing up, so a lot of my favorites go from Crash Bandicoot, WWF Smackdown series, Gran Turismo, Spyro for PS1 and for PS2; Metal Gear Solid 3, Smackdown Here comes the pain, Def Jam Fight for NY, God of War, and a bunch of other games I'm sure I'm forgetting. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well I can't say for PS3 & PS4, since I don't own either console. I only played a few games on PS3, so can't judge that either. But I did own a PS1 and PS2 growing up, so a lot of my favorites go from Crash Bandicoot, WWF Smackdown series, Gran Turismo, Spyro for PS1 and for PS2; Metal Gear Solid 3, Smackdown Here comes the pain, Def Jam Fight for NY, God of War, and a bunch of other games I'm sure I'm forgetting. 

If I judge by the console I've had the best gaming time, then I'll have to choose PS3. I owned a PS3 back to back, played for six years before upgrading recently to PS4. PS3 games really appealed me when I first got it, I love GT games and previous Motor GP games on my first PS3. 

I'd probably have to go with Persona 4. I played the original on PS2 then Golden on Vita and I'm in the middle of replaying Golden on the Steam Deck at the moment. I got into it when Giant Bomb were doing their Endurance Run series on it and just became obsessed.

On 10/10/2022 at 4:24 PM, Kane99 said:

God of War was classic in Playstation 2. You will definitely enjoy playing it on the console. I played GT on my Playstation 2 when I got it because it was mainly the reason I had to get the gaming device in the first place. 

Detroit: Become Human. I played it a lot on my PS4 long before it was ported to the PC. Probably my third favorite video game of all time, right after Mass Effect 2 and 3. I've said enough about this game on this forum that it's becoming repetitive, but I can't get over how it's like a throwback to classic CRPGs and adventure books where your choices lead to dozens of outcomes (my favorite of these books being Give Yourself Goosebumps, many of which I've read). David Cage's politics aside, I greatly enjoyed the gameplay design.

Long list incoming!

• Ratchet & Clank series
  • Jak & Daxter Series
  • Crash Bandicoot Series
  •  Twisted Metal 
  • DMC & DMC 3
  • Primal
  • Armored Core Series
  • Drivr series
  • Test Drive series
  • Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2
  • Xtreme games
  • SSX series
  • God Of War series
  • Metal Gear Series
  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy
  • Need For Speed Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted

I could go on but this list would need its own thread.

On 11/17/2022 at 5:44 AM, killamch89 said:

God Of War series

This is among my top favorites and  the character of kratos had been so well developed over the years.

On 11/17/2022 at 5:44 AM, killamch89 said:

Need For Speed Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted

This are all classic games especially need for speed and most wanted.

Kingdom Heart is still a game I'm obsessed with so it will always be my favorite playstation game! When I think of Playstation though I will continue to remember Need for Speed games too, but really they ended up being frustrating for me so not so much my favorite, but playable games. 😛

My favorite Playstation game is a tie between Spyro Year of the Dragon as well as Legend of Legaia. At least these are my favorite original Playstation titles, as for the other Playstation consoles I don't have a favorite. I enjoyed playing various games on the later consoles but a lot of my favorites these days are multiplatform.