Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
DarthHazard

Free to Play Online PS Games

I'm seriously considering not renewing my PlayStation Plus membership this year because of the stupid price for it. Unless I can find it for a relatively cheap price (£32-35), I probably won't get it or will just wait until the price drops. I know that Fortnite is free to play online so you don't need PS Plus to play online. Are there any other games that work like this? I know that the Crew 2 is always online so will that be free to play as well without PS Plus?

5 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I'm seriously considering not renewing my PlayStation Plus membership this year because of the stupid price for it. Unless I can find it for a relatively cheap price (£32-35), I probably won't get it or will just wait until the price drops. I know that Fortnite is free to play online so you don't need PS Plus to play online. Are there any other games that work like this? I know that the Crew 2 is always online so will that be free to play as well without PS Plus?

Not sure to tell you as I don't own a Sony console anymore and I am not sure if the Crew II will be free to play without it but Warframe is also free to play across any platform.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, DarthHazard said:

Pretty sure Warframe has a big following on PS4. It’s a F2P arena third-person action title. Can play online without PS Plus, too.

Well, to be honest, inofficially you can get almost any game. I suppose the older it is the most likely you're to find it for "free".

7 hours ago, Bravosi said:

Well, to be honest, inofficially you can get almost any game. I suppose the older it is the most likely you're to find it for "free".

With emulators everything is possible, All hail emulation.

League of legends is also free to play. I have installed it on PC though. I am not sure if they are kind of compatible with that version on the PS. I think for PS it could be different version. And you may have to check it on their online website. 

Minecraft also recently has in browser game which you can play on any platform. And in fact their browser based game is lot quicker than the platform native games.