Register Now
Alexander.

How long does it take to edit?

I have Windows Movie Maker, it's free to use. It really depends on the type of video, for example a complication can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to create and put together. Generally speaking, any other video made will take maximum two days for editing and rendering. I'm looking to get something more advance than Windows Movie Maker for my YouTube channel as I want my content to look more professional and unique, what would everyone recommend for me? I've posted a lot of topics recently about editing and finalising videos on media sharing platforms as I'm curious to know. How long does it usually take for you to edit and then render videos? What software do you use, is it paid or free?

Edited by xXInfectedXx

12 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I have Windows Movie Maker, it's free to use. It really depends on the type of video, for example a complication can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to create and put together. Generally speaking, any other video made will take maximum two days for editing and rendering. I'm looking to get something more advance than Windows Movie Maker for my YouTube channel as I want my content to look more professional and unique, what would everyone recommend for me? I've posted a lot of topics recently about editing and finalising videos on media sharing platforms as I'm curious to know. How long does it usually take for you to edit and then render videos? What software do you use, is it paid or free?

I use Camtasia and it takes at most an hour to render but in terms of the actual video editing, 2-3 hours for me. Then again, my videos don't usually last longer than 3 mins.

I used Sony Movie Studio 13, which had fewer features than Vegas Pro but was significantly cheaper. It's still a robust editing software that will allow you to do what you want to; I was only then limited by Adobe Photoshop, a higher resolution camera and competence.

As for how long it takes to edit that depends entirely on the video. A 1 hour episode of a Let's Play took me about 2 and a half hours to render (not including the chopping and changing), though I was rendering it on an i3-8100 CPU, and not the i7-9700 I have at the moment which would probably do wonders for it. Whereas a video review of ~15 minutes would take me a good three full time days to do if I was into it, which I rarely was, so some videos would take weeks at a time before they were ready, yet the rendering process was unaffected by my enthusiasm because that's entirely on the hardware.

However long it takes, it's a lot shorter if you enjoy doing it. Good hardware also helps. ^^

Vegas Pro offers me exactly all the features that I needed to have a spot on blunt video editing session. I had difficulty finding it easy to use when I got it first but with time, I got really better with it. At least 30 to 45 minutes is enough for me to edit my videos. 

I had used Real video maker once. But the rendering time is taken by it was too long.

Later I tried Vegas Pro, and seems like it's quite popular as many other members here too mentioned this name. It's pretty good, fast and reliable. Does everything that a video maker supposed to do. 😊

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

I had used Real video maker once. But the rendering time is taken by it was too long.

Later I tried Vegas Pro, and seems like it's quite popular as many other members here too mentioned this name. It's pretty good, fast and reliable. Does everything that a video maker supposed to do. 😊

Real Video Maker was very frustrating for me with my video editing when I used it for my school project. It almost rendered my work useless. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Real Video Maker was very frustrating for me with my video editing when I used it for my school project. It almost rendered my work useless. 

Yeah, it's good only for small projects. When you use it for high quality contents having larger file size, it's rendering sucks. Vegas Pro is much professional, even though it's not open-sourced like real one. 

37 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, it's good only for small projects. When you use it for high quality contents having larger file size, it's rendering sucks. Vegas Pro is much professional, even though it's not open-sourced like real one. 

Exactly - The kind of pressure I had when using it for my project was so frustrating but I'm glad to have later switched to Vegas Pro and all was perfect.