Register Now
StaceyPowers

Life is Strange

1 minute ago, StaceyPowers said:

I haven't played this game, but it seems to show up in lists of games that I might be interested in. Anyone have any opinions on it?

I've played both the first season and the short 3-part 'Before The Storm' prequel series. The first season in particular is excellent with some fantastic writing, some super impactful emotional highs and some great voice-work. The prequel series is solid stuff but doesn't quite reach the level of the first season. That said, if you're a fan of the first season, you'll enjoy the prequel series. Not played the latest season yet, though, so can't weigh in on it. If you're a fan of narrative-focused adventure games, you're likely to really enjoy it. Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, DylanC said:

I've played both the first season and the short 3-part 'Before The Storm' prequel series. The first season in particular is excellent with some fantastic writing, some super impactful emotional highs and some great voice-work. The prequel series is solid stuff but doesn't quite reach the level of the first season. That said, if you're a fan of the first season, you'll enjoy the prequel series. Not played the latest season yet, though, so can't weigh in on it. If you're a fan of narrative-focused adventure games, you're likely to really enjoy it. Hope that helps!

Yes, I love narrative-focused games. That's insightful, thank you!

6 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Yes, I love narrative-focused games. That's insightful, thank you!

As this maybe helpful to you, I thought I’d throw in my more in-depth review I wrote a while back of Before The Storm episode 1, if you’re interested and still need something to help change your mind: https://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/life-strange-storm-episode-1-awake-review/

12 hours ago, DylanC said:

As this maybe helpful to you, I thought I’d throw in my more in-depth review I wrote a while back of Before The Storm episode 1, if you’re interested and still need something to help change your mind: https://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/life-strange-storm-episode-1-awake-review/

Thank you! Very nice review :)

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm not familiar with the game. What is it on? Console or PC? What is it about?

It's multi-plat, so it's on whatever device, there's even a mobile version of the first game as well.

Basically it's an interactive narrative, similar to a Telltale game. The choices you make influence the ath of the story. The original is a story centred around a girl name Max, a photography student attending an art collage having moved back to her home town of Arcadia Bay, Oregon. She experiences a nightmare having dosing off in class to then discover she has gained the ability to rewind time at will. I'd love to say more, but it would to walking close to spoiler line to do so, but how this story develops, the way you can influence it and the characters you encounter makes the best game of its type I've played and it's well worth it. Of course, if you're not into games that focus almost entirely on story with no real skill based gameplay other than exploration and light puzzle mechanics, this won't be for you, but I adore this game and this franchise.

Edited by Shagger