Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games reveal about player morality?

@StaceyPowers you’re better off. People will eventually betray you. It doesn’t matter what your connection to them is. Family, friend, colleague, etc. They will stab you in the back. It’s the reason I keep all relationships online. I don’t have the tolerance for bullshit. I can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. People tend to prefer the latter. And they have all lived to regret it. I haunt them mercilessly. And I don’t stop until I have destroyed everything they once held dear.

If you are someone who matters to me, of which I can count the amount on one hand, I will kill for you or die for you without hesitation. Human life means nothing. Mine included.

36 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

@StaceyPowers you’re better off. People will eventually betray you. It doesn’t matter what your connection to them is. Family, friend, colleague, etc. They will stab you in the back. It’s the reason I keep all relationships online. I don’t have the tolerance for bullshit. I can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. People tend to prefer the latter. And they have all lived to regret it. I haunt them mercilessly. And I don’t stop until I have destroyed everything they once held dear.

If you are someone who matters to me, of which I can count the amount on one hand, I will kill for you or die for you without hesitation. Human life means nothing. Mine included.

Regarding the girl who ditched me, you mean? I quite agree. It irritates me how much time/energy/devotion I spent on her considering she didn't really warrant it. I try to count my gains though. I did learn a lot about my relationship values, how I prefer to conduct myself whether with a casual correspondent or a serious friend, and I learned more about how my mind works too. In the end, she threw me away when she found a more ideal crutch to lean on, and I'm better off than she is. At least I can stand on my feet.

Through my life that have been a total of 7 people who got on my good side and mattered to me. So a person literally has a one in a billion chance of being on my good side let alone a possible friend. One of them was my grandmother. She passed in 2006. The other 6 are still alive. And as I said, when you're on my good side I will kill or die for you.

Morality in video games has been around for a long time. I look at Fable for an example, because in that, you can be good or evil. Most of the time I'm the good guy, making the good decisions. But there are times where I just want to be the bad guy, and see his/her story play out in that way. Sometimes games do story differently when you are evil or good. 

On 11/26/2019 at 2:58 AM, The Blackangel said:

You forgot the third option. There are those of us who honestly don't care enough about people that hurting them and helping them all amounts to the same thing to us. If I kill someone in a car wreck, oh well. If I save someone's life in a car wreck, oh well. Human life means absolutely nothing to us.

Sociopaths.

If it is interesting to me at the time, then fuck anyone who has a problem with it. Fuck anyone who likes it. Typically those people will never be anything other than differently colored pixels anyway, so why the hell should I take notice?

With me personally, in gaming, I'm not your friend. If you happen to be going the same direction I'm going then whatever. But don't expect any kind of help or even reaction if you end up in a bad situation. I'm also the same IRL. Yes sociopaths can form an emotional bond, in extremely rare situations. But that doesn't mean we give a shit about anyone else.

I completely stand on the path of not giving a damn with regards to this because in the end, I only care about myself and that's always going to be a priority. 

Well, I have done some brutal things playing RDR2 in first person mode. I mean I was laughing my ass off chasing people and just beat them and blast them away up close and personal. I don't normally play like that but it's funny. Something just real sinister about it with the camera wobbling in first person as I run after them, and watch them run in fear; it's freakin funny. Maybe a person's morality shows more when they aren't aware of their actions. In that case, we wouldn't really know what games reveal. I swerve when driving so I won't hit an animal, and I usually do that with humans too. But it really is funny to see the bodies fly. I think immersion makes me tend to be more moral, since I'm trying to be real; but when I want to laugh I'll do crazy things. When I play Trevor in GTA 5 I will play the part and just beat up anyone and chase people. I don't usually do that with the other two protagonists. 

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Well, I have done some brutal things playing RDR2 in first person mode. I mean I was laughing my ass off chasing people and just beat them and blast them away up close and personal. I don't normally play like that but it's funny. Something just real sinister about it with the camera wobbling in first person as I run after them, and watch them run in fear; it's freakin funny. Maybe a person's morality shows more when they aren't aware of their actions. In that case, we wouldn't really know what games reveal. I swerve when driving so I won't hit an animal, and I usually do that with humans too. But it really is funny to see the bodies fly. I think immersion makes me tend to be more moral, since I'm trying to be real; but when I want to laugh I'll do crazy things. When I play Trevor in GTA 5 I will play the part and just beat up anyone and chase people. I don't usually do that with the other two protagonists. 

There are some characters that whenever you play them, it's going to be very difficult for you to tap into playing in an evil wicked way. 

As for the little sisters, I saw no need in having them killed but it doesn't mean that another player wouldn't have them all to the death. 

I have a good reason to believe that it's our individual differences that impacts on our decisions in such situations.