Register Now
DudeThatsErin

IPads for Gaming: Is it something you would use?

Current iPhone's are extremely water resistant, almost to the point of being waterproof. I use an iPhone 6S, and i have dropped it in the dogs water bowl a couple times, and it suffered no damage. If I had left it in there, it would have been shot. But they're getting better at it. There are waterproof cases on the market for iPhone's, but they're expensive as all hell, and typically only available at an Apple store, as opposed to, say, the AT&T store where you get your service. Despite the fact that you get your phone there.

I don't like gaming on tablets or phones that much. I can handle the usual puzzle games, but anything that involves the need for multiple controls, it doesn't work so well with mobile. I am considering getting one of those controllers that can be connected to a tablet, at least I should be able to play easier that way. 

I don't have an iPad. If I were to have one maybe I would play games on it. I never play games on my cell phone as I find it drains the battery too fast. Is it the same on the iPad when playing games or is the battery pretty good?

I despise i-stuff. Everything apple makes is trendy, overpriced trash. It's not just I-Phones and I-Pads either, in fact they represent better value than most of their products, but the point is that it's insane down to the littlest things.

I'll take this chance of worldly advice;

1) Never accept a challenge for a violin duel against Satan.

2) Never play cards with a fellow wearing a black suit with white stripes.

3) Never buy anything for a company that charges $1,000 for monitor stand, without the monitor on it;

prstand.thumb.PNG.d4fb039f90770fa04c03316c5a531d24.PNG

By the way, it is from their official UK store page that I snipped this from and that's not my postcode, not even close. A technology company that can't even read an IP address properly.

Edited by Shagger

For the most part, I agree with you. It’s all overpriced junk. But my disagreement all boils down individual preference. I’ve had both androids and iPhone’s. The only productive use I’ve found for android would be target practice. I think it was last spring that my iPhone 5 finally quit. So I went in for a new phone and got a brand new iPhone 6s for about $200. The iPhone X was the new one at the time, but was more than $1200, and that’s for the cheaper ones. The 6s does everything the X does, minus a pointless few things. Such as multiple camera lenses.

But since it does everything I want it to, I saw no valid point in paying the extortionist price for the “latest and greatest” overpriced piece of shit. I swear, these days Apple could sandwich a turd between a plastic back and screen, and people would still go nuts for it. But the same goes for android as well.

Edited by The Blackangel

Best part is the chinese companies who make stuff for apple must be feeling cheated. I mean you buy from us for 10 dollars and sell it for 1000 dollars? even by outsourcing standard that is a loot. 😄

To be honst if it were not to be about their OS on macbook, nobody would want to buy their hardware. I am sure same is the case with iphone. 

iPhone and iPad are the only thing Apple makes that anyone wants. Their computer attempts are pure shit, and the iPod was a joke. Still, I prefer an iPhone over android. I had nothing but problems with the android I had, and it wasn't even able to be personalized. And it was one of the newer ones. So after having it for 2 weeks I went back to the store and got another iPhone.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:25 AM, KuroInDistress said:

There aren't a lot of mobile games that could hold my attention. Do you have any suggestions? Most games are endless runners or similar type of hyper-casual games that you tend to put down after few weeks or a month

A couple you might try are Mahluk and Iron Maiden: Legacy Of The Beast. I have them both, and they're pretty fun. The best one about the second game is that you get to listen to Iron Maiden through the game.

Edited by The Blackangel

If we are being mobile agnostic here then there are many RPGs and the platformer MMO out there which you can check. In fact zelda like clones but much better in short trail storyliner games on android. Some day I'll cover them in mobile section. 

Around 3 to 4 years ago, I owned an iPad Mini which was primarily used for Gaming. They're okay to use for playing games, however, you need to make sure your device has sufficient specifications. I lent my tablet to a friend, who was playing and then dropped the device which cracked the screen.

That was the end of iPad Gaming for me! 

5 hours ago, Alexander. said:

Around 3 to 4 years ago, I owned an iPad Mini which was primarily used for Gaming. They're okay to use for playing games, however, you need to make sure your device has sufficient specifications. I lent my tablet to a friend, who was playing and then dropped the device which cracked the screen.

That was the end of iPad Gaming for me! 

I would never let my friends borrow my expensive items for that very reason. You never know what they might do with it and can easily break your item and they most likely won't help to try to fix it.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:53 PM, The Blackangel said:

A couple you might try are Mahluk and Iron Maiden: Legacy Of The Beast. I have them both, and they're pretty fun. The best one about the second game is that you get to listen to Iron Maiden through the game.

I'll give them a shot! Thanks 🙂

19 hours ago, Spikey said:

I would never let my friends borrow my expensive items for that very reason. You never know what they might do with it and can easily break your item and they most likely won't help to try to fix it.

I have same issues as well. I can't give any other people option to borrow the expensive items. I even don't share the news that I have X or Y in my possession for that reason.