Register Now
DudeThatsErin

What is one game you absolutely detest?

Tetris is number one for me. The only game I enjoy that even comes close is Dr. Mario.

Other dishonorable mentions are GTA, anything military (due to personal experience), DKC, Zelda: Goddess Of Wisdom (ROM-hack).

The Zelda game is not just hard, it’s unfairly hard. A challenge is great, but the ones that made it took shit too damn far. I honestly don’t think they ever intended anyone to get any further than the 3rd dungeon. And the only attacks that will land are so specific, that it’s a pure stroke of once-in-a-lifetime luck if you find it.

Edited by The Blackangel

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I don't hate any game per se but after some time I get nausea of some games , be it CS GO, or the project IGI. I kind of get nausea if one game played like forever on console or the PC. 

Sounds like burnout to me. That happens a lot for me. There have been times that the idea of playing my all time favorites just turned my stomach. And all because I had played them too much. Hell I'm currently burned out on a few of them right now. FF8 being one of them.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:14 PM, The Blackangel said:

Sounds like burnout to me. That happens a lot for me. There have been times that the idea of playing my all time favorites just turned my stomach. And all because I had played them too much. Hell I'm currently burned out on a few of them right now. FF8 being one of them.

Yeah definitely burnout plus the fingers issue with the mobile and tablet tapping. that kind of adds up. I am skipping FF and few RPGs for that reason. 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:12 AM, DudeThatsErin said:

I am divided on this. I hate Minecraft, Fortnight, and any games like those. They just aren’t my type of games.

What about you?

Any specific reason as to why these aren't your type of games? What don't you like about them? I somewhat agree with you as the developers of these games target their audience towards children rather than adults. 

On 7/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, Alexander. said:

Any specific reason as to why these aren't your type of games? What don't you like about them? I somewhat agree with you as the developers of these games target their audience towards children rather than adults. 

Personal choice I suppose. A lot of mainstream games are useless for those who are in the gaming since 80s, 90s and back. I don't see they ahve to like particular game types as age has nothing to do with it but more of gameplay issues. 

I've been gaming since the early/mid 80's and don't go for a lot of the titles of the modern market. If it wasn't for GoW, I probably wouldn't have gotten into anything past the PS1/N64 era. I know it initially came out on the PS2, but all my copies are PS3 editions. But my interests still stick to the 8/16/64 bit systems. I don't know what bit Atari and Colecovision would be or I would have put them there as well. 2? 4? Or do they even qualify as any kind of bit?

Either way, I like the old stuff. Some of which is more complicated and difficult (ET Atari) than a lot of games today.And others that could NEVER be released today. Custers Revenge anyone? Granted, sex is in a lot of games. But flat out rape, is not. And that was on the freaking Atari!

There's a little food for thought about the feelings towards gaming in 1977.

I would have to say the most recent Battlefield games. I liked Battlefield 1, but then Battlefield V came along and things got worse. I would include Fortnite in there, mainly because of the building mechanics. It really gets on my nerves sometimes. You really need to be good at both in order to succeed and I just can't get good enough. 😞

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I think 8 bit and 16 bit still have some market. in fact a lot of folks are into the older games lately as those games are super fun for kids too. 

I'm almost exclusively a classic gamer. A lot of it is child oriented, but still fun as hell. But there are games that are strictly adult oriented. Conkers Bad Fur Day is one.

For me it would be Pokemon Go. I never got why it was so popular and the popularity of the game seemed to only last for about two years tops. I have never played the game. I'm not much of a Pokemon fan myself so maybe that's why.

30 minutes ago, Spikey said:

For me it would be Pokemon Go. I never got why it was so popular and the popularity of the game seemed to only last for about two years tops. I have never played the game. I'm not much of a Pokemon fan myself so maybe that's why.

Now that people are in quarantine and considering pokemon go is pretty much useless in that scenario. I wonder how they adjusted now.