Register Now
DudeThatsErin

What is one game you absolutely detest?

On 8/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, Wolves said:

I absolutely can't stand playing Fortnite. People get addicted right from the git-go, but I can't deal with the gameplay and community.

I used to like it when it came out but I'd grown to hate it and stop playing after a year. The thing that I hate the most about Fortnite is the constant political agendas when nobody asked them to include it in-game.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:05 PM, Wolves said:

I absolutely can't stand playing Fortnite. People get addicted right from the git-go, but I can't deal with the gameplay and community.

Seriously - the toxicity in the Fortnite gaming community is out of this world and it's part of the reasons why I'm staying away from the game. I think it's among the top 5 most toxic gaming communities. 

I wouldn't say detest because that's a strong word but it's Rocket League for me. Everyone seems to love the game but when I tried it out, I didn't like it. It's an okay game but the constant jumping around and moving the camera all over the place just gave me a headache.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:35 AM, Wolves said:

Any particular reason for that? I have not played fornite yet, but these days I am much into PUBG which is  another Battle Royale game, just like Fortnite. Till now, everything is just fine, I am playing it regularly and don't have any issues. 

19 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Any particular reason for that? I have not played fornite yet, but these days I am much into PUBG which is  another Battle Royale game, just like Fortnite. Till now, everything is just fine, I am playing it regularly and don't have any issues. 

Toxic community full of 12 yr old kids that only swear a lot and cry to their parents when they lose in a game. Honestly, it's rather annoying to deal with if you ask me.

I used to hate Crash Bash because it's controls are absolutely dire, but it's the spin-off that shows the most respect for the IP with its musical style, its story, settings, and visual assets. It is the most Crash Bandicoot game that isn't a platformer, and given how appalled I was by its party gameplay that requires an additional player to be competent with, that's something. And this is in a world where Crash Purple: Ripto's Rampage exists, a similarly crap Game Boy Advance collection of mini-games that crosses over with Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy.

Nowadays I'd say I loathe The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics because it's the worst offender for a strategy roleplaying game (SRPG) I've ever come across. Every mistake an SRPG could make, this game makes, and invents some new ones that weren't present in Final Fantasy Tactics, one of the older titles from 1997. It's a shambles for everybody who is expected to pick it up, be they Dark Crystal fans and tactical fans. Play literally any other Jim Henson's Creature Workshop game (including Rascal, which is somehow more technically competent) or SRPG.