Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that do ominous foreboding well

On 11/14/2020 at 9:53 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Which games have you played that you felt did a great job at creating an atmosphere of ominous foreboding? For me, Bioshock Infinite has done a remarkable job with its massive buildings and statues that loom over you and the uneasy ambient sounds in the environments.

I think most of the Bioshock games did an excellent job with it. I can't really think of any other game that got me like that except Nightmare Creatures, but that's a really old game and if I play it now it's more funny than creepy.

To be honest I think minecraft does a good job with their music. I vividly remember the first night in the block world, I actually got chills. Sound does make a lot of the games stand out in that way.

The demos of Bioshock and F.E.A.R: First Encounter Assault Recon made me the most excited for a horror game I've ever been, and likely ever will be. Nothing has come close to the slow build of tension and spine-tingling fear than those two on the Xbox 360. That said, I'm currently enjoying Call of Cthulu (2018) and have to say I'm loving it!