Register Now
killamch89

Foldable Laptops actually exists

Forgive me but I just found out about the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 which comes with a complimentary Bluetooth physical keyboard. I mean it's pretty expensive so it's definitely not on my list of gadgets to get but do you think foldables could be the way forward for laptops?

They have been around for years, In fact, remember seeing them 4 to 5 years ago in a store. No idea when they first came around but they are perfect for many jobs and in workplaces. But like Skyfire said it can get damaged real fast and easy if you not being careful. They almost have the same tech as a tablet and yet teblet is a cheap option then that damn thing. 

On 12/2/2020 at 8:09 AM, Empire said:

They have been around for years, In fact, remember seeing them 4 to 5 years ago in a store. No idea when they first came around but they are perfect for many jobs and in workplaces. But like Skyfire said it can get damaged real fast and easy if you not being careful. They almost have the same tech as a tablet and yet teblet is a cheap option then that damn thing. 

Actually, the ones from Lenovo has the latest Intel processor along with specs comparable to a typical laptop so it's performance is way better than a typical tablet. I agree that the price is outrageous ($2499 which is bananas) but we know that over time once the tech becomes more standardized, the price will drop drastically. I'd like to see a rollable laptop though...

The problem with touchscreen isn't what is powering them. the amount of taps it take has the difference. for some 1 year of usage will drain it out for some 6 months it would end up responsiveless. At the end the issue with touchscreen laptops and the screen is that it's not worth it for the power users. 

I think this is a lot more practical than foldable smartphones. With a laptop, you're not going to be popping this in your pocket. I can see a foldable laptop working better, because it's going to be easier to take care of compared to a phone. 

It's cool and looks promising, but I don't think we're going to see a future of folding screen laptops anytime soon. And yeah, I suspect the build quality isn't super great. 

The touchscreen wasn't and never be a fan for me. Bad enough cleaning the finger marks of it and wondering why it's not working, since it's full of dirt on the screen. Yes perfect for Phones and tablets I say. Battery, well my PC is always plugged in anyway and so that tells you that battery for any devices are always not going to last. 

On 12/10/2020 at 3:16 AM, skyfire said:

It can fit on lap. But definitely not a gaming machine and even worst part the heating is not even taken care of so even more reason for not being gaming machine. but I guess good for those showbiz and corporate expo type of usages. 

It's definitely more for the execs or corporate business because of its portability. Speaking of - that price also is for execs at over $2000.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:53 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah for that price range you get Apple Macbook Pro 16 inch. But I think soon we will see how those devices will reduce price once some of the tech becomes too much mainstream. 

Yeah, that's a given but that's if another concept doesn't get adopted before it in which case it might not ever become mainstream. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

the concept is pretty old actually, but these sort of laptops are usually not so durable like the regular ones due to the complications that their design's have (not to forget that they are expensive just because they are foldable, which serves literally no purpose...)

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, that's a given but that's if another concept doesn't get adopted before it in which case it might not ever become mainstream. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

I'd say paper display if come in then the price is challenged I mean 2K for foldable laptops and tablets would be pretty good till paper displays come in.