Register Now
Kane99

What do you think CD Projekt Red will do about the poor launch of Cyberpunk?

Cyberpunk 2077 came out a glitchy, bugged mess, and many games had to deal with games crashing constantly, consoles not even being able to play them good (PS4,Xbox One), and even on the new gen consoles, the game doesn't run so great. 

Personally, the game is a mess with glitches and bugs, but it hasn't stopped me from enjoying it. But, there is a lot of anger among fans who think this game needed to be taken back into the kitchen to be corrected. 

With that being said, do you think CD Projekt Red will do something to make up for this? I could see them releasing all kinds of DLC for free to make up for it. Didn't they give out a ton of free DLC for the Witcher 3 at one point? Maybe they'll give gamers the free season pass, that would go over very well. 

But, either way, I feel like they need to do something for those having problems with the game. 

As I said in a couple of other posts, I'm not surprised this happened because Witcher 3 overheated my friend's GTX 1080 and caused it to stop functioning and at the time, it was one of the most powerful GPUs on the market. Their game optimization has always been on the poorer side and I've always pointed this out. To be fair, most of the DLC packs are going to be free (if I'm remembering correctly). 

This is just another sad example of a game that will only be finished after it is launched. I'm sure there's a good game to be found in Cyberpunk 2077, but let's just I'm glad to not be an early adopter on this occasion. I have full faith that CDPR will get it sorted, it's just a question of when. 

On 12/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, Shagger said:

This is just another sad example of a game that will only be finished after it is launched. I'm sure there's a good game to be found in Cyberpunk 2077, but let's just I'm glad to not be an early adopter on this occasion. I have full faith that CDPR will get it sorted, it's just a question of when. 

I learnt my lesson about Preordering games when I decided to preorder Star Wars Battlefront in 2016...Needless to say, I've learnt to wait for the actual reviews of a game before I make a purchase(or anything else for that matter). CD Projekt Red are offering refunds and did send out a huge apology promising fixes and the whole works. I'll say this much, at least they make an effort to address the issue rather than make countless excuses like EA and others and you'd never get back your preorder money either.

They are just having a bad name for themselves It's too bad. They should have at least delayed the PS4 and Xbox One launches. No errors with PC but at the same time people aren't fully happy with it. How the missions are and the story. Nvidia had to do a drivers update to able to support the game and fixed things and they should not have to. FIrst day of released they had a patch fix already lol 

On 12/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, Shagger said:

There is a good game, a great game in fact, but with it comes a lot of bugs and performance issues. Even on PC I have issues, and there's now a known bug where if your save file exceeds more than 8MB in size, it'll actually corrupt the file. 

On 12/15/2020 at 4:20 AM, skyfire said:

I think there is another thread where you can say they offered refund. Two threads should be merged. 

This topic isn't about them offering refunds. It's about what CDPR will do after this bad launch, and what their future releases might look like. 

On 12/19/2020 at 12:06 PM, DudeThatsErin said:

They just need to offer everyone a refund (regardless of the platform) and go back to the drawing board and re-release the game when it is actually done. Not when a "board of directors" say it should be done.

They are now, but only after Sony removed the game from their marketplace outright. CDPR had to accept it and agreed with Sony and MS in offering refunds, even said they would go that route too for physical copies. But yeah, took them a while to agree to it, because for a bit they wanted to keep people from returning it for a refund. 

6 hours ago, Empire said:

They are just having a bad name for themselves It's too bad. They should have at least delayed the PS4 and Xbox One launches. No errors with PC but at the same time people aren't fully happy with it. How the missions are and the story. Nvidia had to do a drivers update to able to support the game and fixed things and they should not have to. FIrst day of released they had a patch fix already lol 

They should have, as the devs knew the game wasn't ready and they expressed this to the leaders of CDPR. But, they didn't care and even lied saying the PS4/Xbox One versions played good. 

Oh and the PC version is a buggy mess as well. In general this game is a buggy mess. 

I think this is where CDPR needs to rethink their strategy and fix this game asap. Because their future games are going to have a lot of eyes on them. 

Alright guys so here's the latest update - CD Projekt Red may get sued by investors for misleading information. If nobody knows why this worse than usual, let me explain. Getting sued by the very people who invest in your company's stocks is more likely to win than if a regular player filed a class action lawsuit.

17 hours ago, Patrik said:

After releasing some patches that will fix the game ( or atleast reduce the bugs and make the game more playable ), people might think about buying it again

I already have the game and on PC it's far more playable especially after patching that save file bug. Apart from the bugs, it's a pretty fun game and the loads of customization makes your character look truly unique and even though you can't see them in first person view, when you see them in a cutscene, it brings tears to your eyes...