Register Now
Kane99

Get to a point where games can be played in our heads?

There is something we all have forgotten about and paid little attention to the lives of the monkeys these Neuralink experiments were done on. There were 23 monkeys used in experiments and 15 of them have died and have endured 'extreme suffering.' They drilled holes into their skulls and one monkey was found with missing fingers and toes from self mutilation. It is being investigated by animal rights groups. Elon Musk should be ashamed to go this far; I hate the guy to the extreme now. He should be stuck to a chair and have holes drilled into his brain and reap what he sowed. 

https://news.yahoo.com/extreme-suffering-15-23-monkeys-205653491.html

d1359ca998f85caf3c89e331b3a61c18.jpeg.e5f51e95a51ac68f1badac91dad09f8e.jpeg

The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is an animal rights group is going to file a complaint to the Department of Agriculture for violating the Animal Welfare Act. Elon Musk should be in the spotlight for this and wreck his damn business. Seriously, do people even go to jail for this sort of thing? Probably not in the name of science. 

https://news.yahoo.com/animal-rights-org-bares-teeth-005959052.html

On 2/1/2021 at 3:18 PM, The Blackangel said:

God damn, I AM a fucking dinosaur.

I even commented the other day that I'm starting to sound like how old people used to be back in the days. The fact that I'm starting to sound like my parents confirms to me that I'm also a dinosaur.

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

d1359ca998f85caf3c89e331b3a61c18.jpeg.e5f51e95a51ac68f1badac91dad09f8e.jpeg

The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is an animal rights group is going to file a complaint to the Department of Agriculture for violating the Animal Welfare Act. Elon Musk should be in the spotlight for this and wreck his damn business. Seriously, do people even go to jail for this sort of thing? Probably not in the name of science. 

https://news.yahoo.com/animal-rights-org-bares-teeth-005959052.html

You're very much correct as animals have feelings and are sentient. Can't they carry out their experiments on themselves if they need a test subject?

14 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You're very much correct as animals have feelings and are sentient. Can't they carry out their experiments on themselves if they need a test subject?

Seriously, I'm all for support against animal violence. They don't deserve it at all because they are so much part of the world. 

14 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I'm all for support against animal violence. They don't deserve it at all because they are so much part of the world. 

I agree - when I encounter animals, unless they approach me, I tend to leave them alone. I couldn't imagine using animals as test subjects for anything and just seeing them cry out in pain.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - when I encounter animals, unless they approach me, I tend to leave them alone. I couldn't imagine using animals as test subjects for anything and just seeing them cry out in pain.

Seriously, I wonder how some would be comfortable with killing them. I can't even kill some insects as long as they aren't hurting me. 

Recently, butterflies have been perching on me.. I even caught one in my palm and still it go. 

8 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, I wonder how some would be comfortable with killing them. I can't even kill some insects as long as they aren't hurting me. 

Recently, butterflies have been perching on me.. I even caught one in my palm and still it go. 

The only ones I kill are like Mosquito, Ticks and fleas - actual pests. I hardly trouble any others as long as they aren't being a nuisance in my home. I have a spider and a lizard in my house to get rid of the pests.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

The only ones I kill are like Mosquito, Ticks and fleas - actual pests. I hardly trouble any others as long as they aren't being a nuisance in my home. I have a spider and a lizard in my house to get rid of the pests.

Mosquito, Ticks and fleas, scorpions are evil ones just like I call them. They don't do any good at all. 

16 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Mosquito, Ticks and fleas, scorpions are evil ones just like I call them. They don't do any good at all. 

In terms of nature, they serve a purpose and scorpions do tend to kill pests as well. It's just that in the case of my home, they're pests and I deal with them accordingly.

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Arachnids like spiders and scorpions do a huge service to the ecosystem. I even had a pet scorpion several years ago. The ones that I can't see any real benefit to the ecosystem are the parasites like fleas, ticks, mosquitos, chiggers, and the like. They pretty much just spread disease. Here our biggest concern from them is getting Lyme disease from ticks. In Africa (if I remember correctly) their biggest concern is getting Malaria from mosquitos. Sure there's a lot of venomous insects amongst the venomous arachnids, but they use that venom for hunting and self defense.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's the best way to go about it. Observe, but from a safe distance. Don't interact unless you have absolutely no other choice. Binoculars are your friend.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The sad truth is, whether you think it's right or not, the majority of mankind's advances in Medical Science have been achieved by experiments and testing on other animals. From basic First Aid and CPR to life saving drugs, inoculations, radiotherapy have been achieved by experiments and testing on other animals. Even techniques in medical training like stitching and surgery are taught using animal carcasses.  If it weren't for animal testing the polio vaccine, which pretty obliterated the disease in the 50s and 60s many of us and our parents wouldn't be alive to have this conversation.  I'm all for aminal welfare but in my opinion people come first.

With that being said I agree @Reality vs Adventure with regard to Elon Musk and these experiments.  The technology is interesting and impressive in theory but at the end of the day it's for little more than toy's, not medicine.  It's not worth that kind of suffering for these monkey's.

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

The sad truth is, whether you think it's right or not, the majority of mankind's advances in Medical Science have been achieved by experiments and testing on other animals. From basic First Aid and CPR to life saving drugs, inoculations, radiotherapy have been achieved by experiments and testing on other animals. Even techniques in medical training like stitching and surgery are taught using animal carcasses.  If it weren't for animal testing the polio vaccine, which pretty obliterated the disease in the 50s and 60s many of us and our parents wouldn't be alive to have this conversation.  I'm all for aminal welfare but in my opinion people come first.

With that being said I agree @Reality vs Adventure with regard to Elon Musk and these experiments.  The technology is interesting and impressive in theory but at the end of the day it's for little more than toy's, not medicine.  It's not worth that kind of suffering for these monkey's.

Seriously, if it's a poor entity that's doing those things to those animals, they would have been in jail by now. Look at Kurt Zouma and his cats saga for the past week.