Register Now
StaceyPowers

Enemies constantly respawning: good or bad?

I absolutely hate it. At least a few days should pass in games before enemies respawn at any given location in an open world game. And non-open world games like bioshock shouldn't have respawning enemies at all.

I do have to say that I was in a recent major battle in a game and I was having fun running around with an axe killing foes, but didn't want it to end. Usually battles like that don't last long in games. I like to feel the essence of battle instead of a quickie. But in this battle, I found that when I returned to areas after killing them, they and my warriors were fighting again. So I got to enjoy the battle as long as my heart desired because the enemy spawned back up in different areas once I left it. 

I definitely agree that I hate respawning when I would like to explore my environment. I'm gonna use Dying Light as an example; the environment is amazing and so many times I would just want to stop and walk around and look at all the ruins and dead, but always zombies coming after me. Every now and then though, you get an eery silence with no zombies, or maybe a couple wondering around harmless I loved those moments while I take it all in. 

I think that respawning enemies generally suck especially if there are a lot of them. A lot of games have respawning enemies and they can be frustrating and cruel because of it. I think if as long as the enemies are thoughtfully placed you can add a fair challenge to the game. CSGO for example, enemies will respawn in a odd location near there allies but at times their placement is so thought out that they just feel like natural obstacles, they feel like a key part of the level. It definitely made me rethink respawning enemies because I always thought it wasn’t something you could do properly.

Yet again, You! when I respawn, I get to die right away in my respawn point in games that you die and reload again. 

On 2/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, StaceyPowers said:

How do you feel about games that keep spawning endless enemies while you explore? This kind of drives me crazy, because it makes it hard to check out all the details of my environment (I’m looking at you, Bioshocks 1 and 2).

Seriously, it's very annoying because they aren't giving you any moment to breath and take a break. They should allow for some time before they start spawning all over again. 

In Bioshock 1 and 2 it was exaggerated, really a game that beautiful and you can't enjoy it because of random spawns all around you... That being said on other games if you didn't have things spawning all the time it would be boring.

32 minutes ago, Shole said:

In Bioshock 1 and 2 it was exaggerated, really a game that beautiful and you can't enjoy it because of random spawns all around you... That being said on other games if you didn't have things spawning all the time it would be boring.

Seriously, it definitely makes the game too boring and frustrating because the constant spawning will take away your time to think about any good strategy.