Register Now
The Blackangel

Top 20 Worst Movies Based on Video Games

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

At the point of typing this I haven't seen the vid, but I'll guess the no1 is Street Figher. 

Edit. I was wrong. I'm still pretending the winner doesn't exist. 

i actually like street fighter in a cheesy way. Plus Ming Na Wen looked awesome in it. btw, she seems impervious to time, because she kicks ass just as well today.

To me the worst videgame movie is Max Payne, it's as antithetical to the original as is Max Payne 3 by rockstar.

I actually like cheesy b action flicks. it's one of my guilty pleasures, especially if they have strong female leads. So in a way I enjoyed Resident evil too. The only exception to the rule being Tomb Raider, because for some reason I can1t stand Angelina Jolie.

Edited by m76

If I had the power, I would forever separate Hollywood and video games. Unfortunately I don't, so we're most likely going to have future Mario Bros. level movies that will probably make us hate our favorite games simply because Hollywood fucked the franchise so bad.

I find my self a little more forgiving of Super Mario Brothers than most.  I know the plot is high on LSD, it has almost nothing in common with the games, it's horribly mis-cast and whoever can figure out whether Mairo is Luigi's father, brother, uncle or mother deserves a nobel prize.  With all they being said all they had to work with in terms of source material was two plumbers on schrooms traveling through pipes to rescue a princess.  So considering that this one of the first attempts adapt a video game (and a fairly plotless one at that) into a movie...  It's bad, but other adaptations have come years later with far more complex characters and established lore to work with and up with something way worse.

Edited by Crazycrab

It always saddens and angers me when movies like Silent Hill Revelations, Doom, Bloodrayne, Alone in the Darkand Mortal Kombat Anilahation. I actually both enjoyed these movies and thought they were fairly good, though not the best. Then again, I might be the only one who feels and thought this way. Not all people will love and hate at once. Hay at times cheap budjet films can be a very good story 🙂 

The first Mortal Kombat movie was actually pretty good. The biggest problem I had with the sequel was the recasting of almost all the characters. The only ones that returned for their characters was Robin Shou who played Liu Kang, and Talisa Soto who played Kitana. Everyone else was someone new.

On 3/21/2021 at 5:25 PM, The Blackangel said:

The first Mortal Kombat movie was actually pretty good. The biggest problem I had with the sequel was the recasting of almost all the characters. The only ones that returned for their characters was Robin Shou who played Liu Kang, and Talisa Soto who played Kitana. Everyone else was someone new.

I did like the First Mortal Kombat movie was well but the CGI in the second was absolutely terrible.

On 3/21/2021 at 11:08 AM, Empire said:

It always saddens and angers me when movies like Silent Hill Revelations, Doom, Bloodrayne, Alone in the Darkand Mortal Kombat Anilahation. I actually both enjoyed these movies and thought they were fairly good, though not the best. Then again, I might be the only one who feels and thought this way. Not all people will love and hate at once. Hay at times cheap budjet films can be a very good story 🙂 

The Doom movie was dreadful in my opinion. It was like watching a first-person movie for most of it - I was like what on Earth...

On 3/21/2021 at 3:10 AM, killamch89 said:

I knew Mortal Kombat Annihilation Mortal was number one but I wasn't aware there was a Mario movie. I know it's terrible but how comes I didn't know about it?

Even with the cover video image, you can easily pick out that Mortal Kombat Annihilation is among the lot. It's an absolute trash.