Register Now
StaceyPowers

Hardest lesson you ever learned gaming?

Playing multiple storylines at the same time, this stole the pure fun of enjoying each of them, or making delays in gameplay, for example, playing a game once in a while, that delay kills you concentration on the storyline

Was hard to start of with from the very start but as I learn and years went on, I get better. But it always offer new things to the sim 🙂 It's microsoft flight simulator where you have to fly aircrafts that are so realism 😉 

When I first got into RPGs as a kid, the turn-based battle system used to annoy me to no end but as I grew older, I eventually grew to appreciate it. As a kid, I didn't have much patience with anything but it taught me a bit of patience.

I would say I learned to control my emotions better through gaming. As a kid, I would rage all the time. Sooner or later I realized that you cannot control the fact that others may be better than you at the game. All you can do is focus on improving your own skills and knowledge rather than get angry.

1 hour ago, lludawg said:

I would say I learned to control my emotions better through gaming. As a kid, I would rage all the time. Sooner or later I realized that you cannot control the fact that others may be better than you at the game. All you can do is focus on improving your own skills and knowledge rather than get angry.

To be honest, all I used to do is just cuss under my breath when I was losing at a game but I never got that angry. I've literally seen people throw their TVs out because they're losing at a video game - ridiculous really.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, all I used to do is just cuss under my breath when I was losing at a game but I never got that angry. I've literally seen people throw their TVs out because they're losing at a video game - ridiculous really.

Yep it's crazy the things people will take their anger out on. There are a few streamers with this sort of "angry personality" and they are always breaking their controllers and stuff like that. Personally I don't find these streamers very entertaining 😅

I went through dozens of controllers when I was a kid, and a lot of duplicate systems. I got so pissed off one day that I threw my SNES into the yard, grabbed my shotgun, and unloaded a box of shells into it. I felt better, but no longer had an SNES to play. And that was one of my less angry moments.

I learned to be less clumsy holding my PlayStation discs when I badly scratched my Dukes of Hazzard: Racing for Home disc one mission short of completion.  I know I've shared this at least once before, but it fits well in a lessons learned section.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:07 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What is the hardest lesson you ever learned gaming? Mine was when I screwed up in a game as a kid with one save file, and learned the value of earlier backup save points (as I had to start all over).

I would never forget how painful it was when I was forced to replay all the stages I had previously completed because I failed to save.