Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you rally when you’re about to die in a tough fight?

If you're right on the edge of dying in a tough fight with a lot on the line (i.e. you'll lose lots of progress if you die), how do you mentally rally and pull it together? Usually I throw caution to the wind and get bolder with my attacks, and that often seems to work.

In a situation like this, if its a real time battle (and particularly if its fast paced), I tend to sort of panic (but not in a bad way) and build up adrenaline; it feels like I start having less tangible thoughts, acting more instinctively or reflexively, and it feels like my reflexes get faster too.  That last part could just be my imagination, though.  My heart starts racing and I get very nervous but also excited so its harder for me to really assess WHAT I'm doing.

7 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I would run around and dive to confuse the enemy and get to an area where I can start attacking the weak ones to build adrenaline. Then stop toying around and go for the kills. 

That could except what if the enemy has an AOE attack?

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That could except what if the enemy has an AOE attack?

If the enemy has AOE attacks, then keep battlefield awareness and don't get stuck in a corner too long. Stay fluid and move around till you can get some critical strikes in. That old saying stick and move. Try to master parrying because I found it's always the easiest way to stun an enemy. If you are talking about magic on magic, then those scenarios are endless.  

Mulligan Guard: "Another victory like this and our money's gone!" is one approach I like to have. In multiplayer I like to guide the enemy as far away from my teammates as possible, or sacrifice myself so a sniper going for an easy kill is revealed and killed. I have no difficulty with saying I'm not a valuable team member, so I'm fine with offing myself if it means pulling away more meaningful players from the enemy team. Every second they spend chasing me is a second away from securing or defending an objective. Every bullet expended is one closer to needing to reload and put themselves in a position where they're totally vulnerable.

Death & Taxes: Going out in a blaze of glory is another favourite coping mechanism, focusing more on the 'blaze'. Cooking a grenade to the point of it exploding in my hand is one way of getting some close quarter kills without the risk of said grenade being thrown at my allies. If I'm going to die, I might as well do so expending all my ammo in the enemy's general direction. It keeps them hunkered down and allows teammates to advance.

No plan of action survives contact with the enemy, after all.

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

If the enemy has AOE attacks, then keep battlefield awareness and don't get stuck in a corner too long. Stay fluid and move around till you can get some critical strikes in. That old saying stick and move. Try to master parrying because I found it's always the easiest way to stun an enemy. If you are talking about magic on magic, then those scenarios are endless.  

I usually tend to kite a lot so that I can't get hit or at least minimize being hit multiple times or get caught by a combo.