Register Now
killamch89

Do you always have to have the latest phone?

No I don't - I usually buy a phone and it will serve me from anywhere between 3-5 years. I usually don't need the latest phone anyways because last year's model usually perform comparably and the features are practically the same. What about you? Do you always have to have the latest phone?

Nope, lasest smartphones means going all out and spending $1200 if not more right? or buying one each year. Nope. I buy my own smartphone outright and then get a good sim deal. On that note you can pickup a good smartphone for far less price, Redmi Note Pro 10 is what I ahve and I like it for £250 with bells and tech that £900 phones doesn't have. 

7 hours ago, Empire said:

Nope, lasest smartphones means going all out and spending $1200 if not more right? or buying one each year. Nope. I buy my own smartphone outright and then get a good sim deal. On that note you can pickup a good smartphone for far less price, Redmi Note Pro 10 is what I ahve and I like it for £250 with bells and tech that £900 phones doesn't have. 

I got my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra for like $600 and I don't plan to by another phone for at least another 3-4 years. I've never spent more than $600 on a phone and I kind of intend to keep it that way = there's no way I'm buying one for $1200.

$600 is way to deep for me still, I mean my $320 phone is not even half your cost and has far more options and performance then any other costly smartphones. $600 is that even the right price for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra? I mean here in the UK it's double that 😞 

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra  VS  Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 PRO

No to be honest, i got the chance to replace my phone with something better many times but i was just not interested, i use my phone only for basic things (whatsapp, social media etc...) and it does that very well for me

3 hours ago, Patrik said:

No to be honest, i got the chance to replace my phone with something better many times but i was just not interested, i use my phone only for basic things (whatsapp, social media etc...) and it does that very well for me

When I had my s9 prior to getting my Note 20, I had many opportunities to upgrade it but I declined because it's such an awesome phone.

23 hours ago, Empire said:

$600 is way to deep for me still, I mean my $320 phone is not even half your cost and has far more options and performance then any other costly smartphones. $600 is that even the right price for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra? I mean here in the UK it's double that 😞 

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra  VS  Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 PRO

Galaxy note series of phone and tablets both are much maintained than xiaomi ones though. xiaomi ignores phones once they are 1 year old. samsung does lot better after sales for atleast 2 years. 

Xiaomi Offers best for your money more then Sony, Sony and majot brands you pay double for there branded name. Do get more with the Sony, but end of the day who needs those extra cool things for $400 more. I don't. 

19 hours ago, Empire said:

Xiaomi Offers best for your money more then Sony, Sony and majot brands you pay double for there branded name. Do get more with the Sony, but end of the day who needs those extra cool things for $400 more. I don't. 

In terms of camera quality and software updates, even sony is better than Xiaomi. only plus point of xiaomi is the cost. rest they are not that good. I have been using xiaomi for years and I moved from samsung and sony for xiaomi only for cost reasons. rest I'd say sony is worth using. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

In terms of camera quality and software updates, even sony is better than Xiaomi. only plus point of xiaomi is the cost. rest they are not that good. I have been using xiaomi for years and I moved from samsung and sony for xiaomi only for cost reasons. rest I'd say sony is worth using. 

About about the new xiaomi software, they have improved big time then many years ago. They have gone up to high recommended for most tech reviews. Down to the price point again they say. 

On 6/2/2021 at 7:26 AM, Empire said:

Jesus you can spend $1200 for a freaking phone??  That's nuts.  You can buy a full blown computer for way less than that.  I mean I know a smartphone basically is a tiny computer but still...

2 hours ago, Empire said:

About about the new xiaomi software, they have improved big time then many years ago. They have gone up to high recommended for most tech reviews. Down to the price point again they say. 

I agree, I just got the Note 9T.  5G, fast charging, 5000Mah battery, 48MP camera and it cost less than £200.  With phones with these features for this price you are completely wasting your money with £800+ Samsung's and IPhones as far as I'm concerned.  Look at some of these other brands and you will find something just as good for a fifth of the price.