Register Now
killamch89

Do you always have to have the latest phone?

10 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Jesus you can spend $1200 for a freaking phone??

Asus rog gaming phones are more then thatin fact 🙂 CRAZY

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I agree, I just got the Note 9T.  5G, fast charging, 5000Mah battery, 48MP camera and it cost less than £200.  With phones with these features for this price you are completely wasting your money with £800+ Samsung's and IPhones as far as I'm concerned.  Look at some of these other brands and you will find something just as good for a fifth of the price.

I know right, 108MP with wide lens and has OLED and you name it. the video that you seen is the phone that I got and use 🙂 I not going with 5G since they had to remove less to get 5G in. VERY happyy so far, speeds are fast good 4k for watching and can do gaming

13 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Jesus you can spend $1200 for a freaking phone??  That's nuts.  You can buy a full blown computer for way less than that.  I mean I know a smartphone basically is a tiny computer but still...

Gaming phones, The S21 Ultra, Z-Fold, Xperia 1 Mark 2 and a rather extensive list of phones cost in the $1200 or more bracket. Where have you been? lol.

12 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I agree, I just got the Note 9T.  5G, fast charging, 5000Mah battery, 48MP camera and it cost less than £200.  With phones with these features for this price you are completely wasting your money with £800+ Samsung's and IPhones as far as I'm concerned.  Look at some of these other brands and you will find something just as good for a fifth of the price.

It depends on what you need your phone for - the Note happens to be key business tool for me so that's why I bought it. That being said, I'm not paying $800+ for a phone either because that's just retarded when you can literally wait for the phone to depreciate in value and get it for half off or more in the next 6 months.

15 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Jesus you can spend $1200 for a freaking phone??  That's nuts.  You can buy a full blown computer for way less than that.  I mean I know a smartphone basically is a tiny computer but still...

I think apple macbook pro and ROG, MSI machines are expensive but yeah point taken that some of the ASUS machines for laptop and even desktop build can be made with that price. 

On 6/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, killamch89 said:

Gaming phones, The S21 Ultra, Z-Fold, Xperia 1 Mark 2 and a rather extensive list of phones cost in the $1200 or more bracket. Where have you been? lol.

I mostly play console games.  I've never even heard of a gaming phone.  But I don't like playing games on the go, and I much prefer playing on a big screen than small portable ones, so It doesn't sound like something that would interest me anyways.

Edited by Steerminator

5 hours ago, Steerminator said:

I mostly play console games.  I've never even heard of a gaming phone.  But I don't like playing games on the go, and I much prefer playing on a big screen than small portable ones, so It doesn't sound like something that would interest me anyways.

Fair point you made there but we weren't just talking gaming phones though, every high-end premium phone usually cost around that price point. Phone prices for high-end flagships has been steadily climbing for the last 7 years and shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon.

Absolutely not. I was using an iPhone 5 when the iPhone 10 was out. Why? Because it did everything I wanted it to do, and it still worked like a dream, so I saw no reason to get a new one, or "upgrade". I only got a new one because that one both quit on me and physically came apart, so I didn't really have much choice. I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro now. It's a great phone, if not a pain in the ass. I miss my iPhone 5. But it's impossible to find and get a working one, so I have to use the newest stuff.

On 2/14/2022 at 3:35 PM, The Blackangel said:

Absolutely not. I was using an iPhone 5 when the iPhone 10 was out. Why? Because it did everything I wanted it to do, and it still worked like a dream, so I saw no reason to get a new one, or "upgrade". I only got a new one because that one both quit on me and physically came apart, so I didn't really have much choice. I'm using an iPhone 12 Pro now. It's a great phone, if not a pain in the ass. I miss my iPhone 5. But it's impossible to find and get a working one, so I have to use the newest stuff.

I have never used iPhone but from what I heard, once you do your updates when you're supposed to, the phone will always run perfectly and never give you issues. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have never used iPhone but from what I heard, once you do your updates when you're supposed to, the phone will always run perfectly and never give you issues. 

I never did a single update to my iPhone 5. It worked 10 years past its prime. The only reason it quit on me was because I left it in a locked car in the sun for about a week while @Rain Dew and I went to the Fanboy Expo in Knoxville Tennessee. A week during August, in the sun, in a locked vehicle with no ventilation. I'm surprised the seats hadn't melted. When we got back was also when I fell, so all in all the return sucked. But the trip was awesome.