Register Now
killamch89

Do you always have to have the latest phone?

On 6/2/2021 at 3:28 AM, killamch89 said:

No I don't - I usually buy a phone and it will serve me from anywhere between 3-5 years. I usually don't need the latest phone anyways because last year's model usually perform comparably and the features are practically the same. What about you? Do you always have to have the latest phone?

I used to follow that trend of buying the latest phone some years back but it's not the same now. Now I can use a phone for at least 2 years before getting a new one.

9 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

I always look at the mindset of buying the latest phone as something that is not economically great. To me, once the device I am using is doing the job, I care less about getting a new one.

Yeah, that's basically how it is with me when it comes to getting a new smartphone unless I'm gifted a new one all of a sudden. I can't say no to a gift. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

5G phone isn't even on my plans anytime unless 4G stops working faster on my device. I have other things I'm thinking about and not considering 5G network phone. 

I am taking that option because next year 2023 the 5G deploys will soon start one city at a time.

23 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

5G phone isn't even on my plans anytime unless 4G stops working faster on my device. I have other things I'm thinking about and not considering 5G network phone. 

This is exactly my thought! The hype around 5G devices are not worth it. I prefer to stick around with 4G devices as long as I get value for money.

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am taking that option because next year 2023 the 5G deploys will soon start one city at a time.

Personally, I'm already looking forward to getting a 5G smartphone to be used with a 5G network. It's definitely going to be awesome. 

7 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

This is exactly my thought! The hype around 5G devices are not worth it. I prefer to stick around with 4G devices as long as I get value for money.

Yes buddy, it wouldn't be on my plans anytime soon, unless I see reasons to get it. At least my network bandwidth, is running smoothly, executing my tasks the way I want it. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes buddy, it wouldn't be on my plans anytime soon, unless I see reasons to get it. At least my network bandwidth, is running smoothly, executing my tasks the way I want it. 

That's so me. It is only someone that has a wide budget that can only worry about getting a new mobile device and not me really. I have responsibilities that I always wish to fulfill weekly.

17 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

That's so me. It is only someone that has a wide budget that can only worry about getting a new mobile device and not me really. I have responsibilities that I always wish to fulfill weekly.

If you have the money and you are into smartphone and techs, you will always be in the need for getting new releases of the brand that you make use of. 

On 3/6/2022 at 10:06 AM, Heatman said:

Personally, I'm already looking forward to getting a 5G smartphone to be used with a 5G network. It's definitely going to be awesome. 

I just hope the cost would be low and not going to affect us in near future as well. But yes the 5G network we are going to have to wait.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:21 PM, Knight Barida said:

Same goes to me as well, I have wide range of budgets to use my finance mostly on, not just for buying modern phones when my current phone is working perfectly for me. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think most of the people are waiting for the 5G to come out because that would be the investment worth doing in my opinion.

I believe so as well because if you get to purchase a new a smartphone now and few months later the 5G network phones hit the market.