Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you miss items even when you search rooms thoroughly?

I feel like I usually search rooms in games pretty obsessively, because I love examining every small detail--yet I am surprised by just how often I still miss items. Does anyone else find that despite being pretty thorough, you still miss important things?

Playing the Raft you do have to look at every detail in the room or wherever you are to look for clues and pick up items. If you miss or bypass the items then at a near endpoint you then have to redo it again to look for that one single or two single items that you miss and can take hours in the game to find it. 

Has happened when I was looking for blue print and after 50mins of looking a find it.

Man, how does it happen? My eyes are rolling around and head spinning looking for something; just gimme something. Flopping around here and there; Where's my gold. Gimme my gems. They are mine. I want them red rubies, green emeralds, clear diamonds, sunny gold. Gimme that straight up cold silver and drench me in it. Metals minerals. Let my hands feel it. That is my destiny. I don't care what you think. It's all mine. The map says the treasure was here. I see something shiny. There has to be something under that tree. In the cave? On the highest mountain? That is the closest I can get to God. Billions of years to produce fine specimens. I want it all. I will kill for it all. Morph me into a dragon so I can bathe in these Earth treasures. Please. I won't kill. I'll just slumber and feel it's energy within me. It's all I need. 

Too often, and it is the worst thing, because you think you searched that room fully, and you search elsewhere wasting half an hour or more walking aimlessly in the level until I either bump into the missed thing by accident, or give up and stop playing, or look up a let's play on how to progress.

On 7/22/2021 at 10:03 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I feel like I usually search rooms in games pretty obsessively, because I love examining every small detail--yet I am surprised by just how often I still miss items. Does anyone else find that despite being pretty thorough, you still miss important things?

Unless I'm not focused or well concentrated when I'm conducting the room search would I miss such items that I'm looking for.