Register Now
StaceyPowers

What percentage of games do you buy at full price?

I'm not going to lie, 5% is kind of high lol. I'd say 2-3% and I'm probably high-balling the figure - I wouldn't be surprised if the number was like 0.9% or something around that because I usually always get deals on any game I buy even on launch day. I think it was on RDR2 recently that I paid the full price for...

I never buy games at full price. ๐Ÿ˜†

Normally, I look out for any used games available in my nearby shops. Yes, we do have some gaming shops where we can buy used gaming DVDs in cheapest rates. And after playing and completing, I again sell the DVDs. I only use to keep the favourite ones with me. ๐Ÿ˜†

I do not know what percentage, but not that often and so I say 20% if lucky. Games like MSFS2020 is the last major game that I got at a full price back in August. All downloaded games that I get on steam. 90% off the time I get games that are on sales or cheaper then the release price.ย 

12 minutes ago, m76 said:

I buy 90% of games at release but not at full price.ย  I always look for deals. I think I got less than 1% of my games at full price.

So you look out for the discounts? But normally latest games just after the launch doesn't provide any discount at all. I remember I had to wait for 3 whole months for NFS for a discount which was only 20%. ๐Ÿ˜†

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

So you look out for the discounts? But normally latest games just after the launch doesn't provide any discount at all. I remember I had to wait for 3 whole months for NFS for a discount which was only 20%. ๐Ÿ˜†

If you look at directly the publisher or steam there are no discounts, but 3rd party stores often sell games bellow the usual $60 even on preorder.

32 minutes ago, m76 said:

If you look at directly the publisher or steam there are no discounts, but 3rd party stores often sell games bellow the usual $60 even on preorder.

ย 

True ,but they have to sell games at a lower cost because that's the only way they people will be tempted to buy from them. There's a risk to such sellers, so there has be be an incentive. It's not done out of good will. Personally, I'd rather spend $60 than risk $40 or $50.

4 hours ago, Shagger said:

ย 

True ,but they have to sell games at a lower cost because that's the only way they people will be tempted to buy from them. There's a risk to such sellers, so there has be be an incentive. It's not done out of good will. Personally, I'd rather spend $60 than risk $40 or $50.

This is a complete urban legend. There is no risk. I'm not talking about black market marketplace sites selling stolen keys like G2A or kingui. There is risk in that, but there are reputable sites who sell keys from legitimate sources.

Edited by m76

1 hour ago, m76 said:

This is a complete urban legend. There is no risk. I'm not talking about black market marketplace sites selling stolen keys like G2A or kingui. There is risk in that, but there are reputable sites who sell keys from legitimate sources.

ย 

Without you stating what sources you're referring to it's difficult to full understand exactly whatย you're talking about. I can't be blamed for you being vague.

9 hours ago, m76 said:

I buy 90% of games at release but not at full price.ย  I always look for deals. I think I got less than 1% of my games at full price.

That's what I'm saying - I can't remember 5 games I actually bought for full price especially at launch and I've bought hundreds of games.

21 hours ago, m76 said:

Oh really. I didn't know that. Usually either I buy the latest games from gaming shops which normally charges the full amount. ๐Ÿ˜’

And about the old games, I buy most of the used ones with cheap price. Around 30-40% of the original price.

15 hours ago, Shagger said:

ย 

Without you stating what sources you're referring to it's difficult to full understand exactly whatย you're talking about. I can't be blamed for you being vague.

Don't play the victim here. I said third party stores, it's entirely on you that you immediately jumped to the conlcusion that I buy black market keys.ย  Since when is 3rd party store equals black market? LOL This topic is not about "where do you buy your games" so why would I list the exact stores I buy games from?