Register Now
Joshua Canler

Are Survivors games over rated?

You mean like survival apocalyptic games? That's my favorite genre. To be put in a situation completely out of your control, and your only means of control is what you find to survive and protect yourself is raw human emotions in every way. To see the world of what we are so used to, and to see how vulnerable we really are, everything we depend on just crumbles; there's nothing like it. 

15 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

You mean like survival apocalyptic games? That's my favorite genre. To be put in a situation completely out of your control, and your only means of control is what you find to survive and protect yourself is raw human emotions in every way. To see the world of what we are so used to, and to see how vulnerable we really are, everything we depend on just crumbles; there's nothing like it. 

Seriously - The feeling that comes with having to witness that decay of our society being pictured in games like it's a point where we might get to in the future can't be overlooked easily. 

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm not a fan of survival games, I find them tedious.  Most of the time when games use survival like mechanics like hunger, dehydration and sleep gauges it serves as a distraction from the stuff you actually want to be doing.

Of course there are some people who are actually not into any kind of survival games. There is a friend of mine who is only into racing games. 

Highly highly recommend The Long Dark, it's my favorite survival game by far. It's different than most others in the genre because it's realistic, in that there are no zombies or whatever, just you against hunger, the cold, and wild animals. The graphics aren't photorealistic but that just adds to the charm imo.

What I think regards over rated games more then ever that games like GReen-Hell you tend to day so many times from trying to look for water and food and as soon as you eat 2mins later goes down again. 

On 9/10/2021 at 12:43 AM, Joshua Canler said:

Yes, and I love them too, but, have been forgotten another genres like RPG a little bit

It gets really interesting when there are factions fighting for their survival and doesn't want to work as a team but tries to kill off the other party. 

On 9/18/2021 at 10:00 PM, Sharon said:

Zombie apocalypse survival games intrigue me the most! We play games to escape reality but there's a thrill when imagining life in post disaster type games. I think that's why Survival games are so popular.

Games more like The Walking Dead fits in very in this game category. Although the movie part of it kept on going till I lost interest in it.