Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are you concerned with logic in mods?

Basically mods are supposed to give a better and improved gaming experience when it's used but in a situation where they turn the game into something that can't be recognized in relation to its initial uniqueness, it makes a mess of everything. 

21 hours ago, Heatman said:

Basically mods are supposed to give a better and improved gaming experience when it's used but in a situation where they turn the game into something that can't be recognized in relation to its initial uniqueness, it makes a mess of everything. 

Recently just 2 days back, I was watching a GTA mod livestream, playing with Kingkong. I think they had manipulated the physics properties, the gravity was turned to minimal. With a single blow the king was throwing people floating in the air. That was hilarious. 😆

11 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Recently just 2 days back, I was watching a GTA mod livestream, playing with Kingkong. I think they had manipulated the physics properties, the gravity was turned to minimal. With a single blow the king was throwing people floating in the air. That was hilarious. 😆

It's actually ticks for the player and that's why he's got it modded to work like such. It's probably more fun to the player that way. 

Hilarious one indeed s people were floating. I've played quite some hilarious games, at times glitches makes it more fun. Like the way EA FIFA players Pierce through each other's body in the game, or simply floating on the air without their feet touching the ground, lol. 

I tend not to watch or play such content. I see the appeal of it, but it's just not for me. On the rare occasion I use mods, I prefer them to match the tone and style of the game. Even in World of Warcraft, where the most you can do is edit the UI, I preferred having the in-game elements fully customisable instead of flashy UIs that told you which buttons to press in which order, glowing bars, sound effects and so on. I sort of have to admire Final Fantasy XIV for that: it has the customisation built in, and it's modular enough for just about anyone.

I've currently got The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion modded, and I'm eager to see how the new companions and buildings I have installed will freshen up the game. Or maybe I'll find them too jarring.

Edited by Withywarlock

5 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I tend not to watch or play such content. I see the appeal of it, but it's just not for me. On the rare occasion I use mods, I prefer them to match the tone and style of the game. Even in World of Warcraft, where the most you can do is edit the UI, I preferred having the in-game elements fully customisable instead of flashy UIs that told you which buttons to press in which order, glowing bars, sound effects and so on. I sort of have to admire Final Fantasy XIV for that: it has the customisation built in, and it's modular enough for just about anyone.

I've currently got The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion modded, and I'm eager to see how the new companions and buildings I have installed will freshen up the game. Or maybe I'll find them too jarring.

I believe that you are playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on PC right? How's your experience with the game so far with having it modded? 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

I believe that you are playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on PC right? How's your experience with the game so far with having it modded? 

You're correct that I'm playing on PC. I'll get back to you on this because I'm still in the tutorial quest in the sewers, which I get bored of easily so tend to do about a room at a time! 🤣

46 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

You're correct that I'm playing on PC. I'll get back to you on this because I'm still in the tutorial quest in the sewers, which I get bored of easily so tend to do about a room at a time! 🤣

Seriously, I have a feeling that most games tutorials tend to be very boring irrespective of the game in question. If it can be avoided by most gamers, they would. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

I said I'd get back to you, and while I've only played with them for about ~4 hours, just having companions has made a world of difference. I feel a lot more motivated to explore and complete content now I've got someone to watch my back, which will also be useful with the higher difficulty, as I tend to play as low as possible in Bethesda games. I've also tried an 'Enhanced Economy' mod, which makes trade and money making more realistic (or so it claims) but didn't quite enjoy it all that much. I might do as the game goes on and I have too much money. I'll look into housing mods soon too.

I have faced the problem of mods causing the game to crash on startup though, so I'll need to look into which one(s) are causing the problem, and then see how many I can safely play with. But if I had to just settle for companion mods, I can live with that. It's nice to see one of my all-time favourite games with a fresh spin on it.

On 10/15/2021 at 12:13 AM, Withywarlock said:

I said I'd get back to you, and while I've only played with them for about ~4 hours, just having companions has made a world of difference. I feel a lot more motivated to explore and complete content now I've got someone to watch my back, which will also be useful with the higher difficulty, as I tend to play as low as possible in Bethesda games. I've also tried an 'Enhanced Economy' mod, which makes trade and money making more realistic (or so it claims) but didn't quite enjoy it all that much. I might do as the game goes on and I have too much money. I'll look into housing mods soon too.

I have faced the problem of mods causing the game to crash on startup though, so I'll need to look into which one(s) are causing the problem, and then see how many I can safely play with. But if I had to just settle for companion mods, I can live with that. It's nice to see one of my all-time favourite games with a fresh spin on it.

You're progressing just fine in the game, even though you haven't played it for too long but with what you have been experimenting with, it's supposed to come with well packed fun for you. 

On 10/15/2021 at 11:13 AM, Withywarlock said:

With modding Bethesda games, it does take a bit of know how to get started. It's not quite as simple as just installing mods. There are some underlying software and essential mods which you'd normally have to install to make the rest work properly. For instance, in Skyrim and Fallout 4, there's SKSE - albeit each game has their own unique version. Then you'll have to find out which mods are compatible with each other by using tools like Loot for instance. It's best you look up detailed videos on YouTube before you start modding any Bethesda game.