Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you ever quit a game in the middle? Why?

Not really in the middle, but I have quit games before finishing them. Like with FF8, I almost never move on to disc 4. I go to disc 3 and no further. It's because the game just gets boring after disc 3. The towns are all sealed off, and the only place to go and only thing to do is Ultimecia's Castle. There is literally nothing else to do, unless you left a few choice side quests open, and know how to go get the Ragnarok back. But the quests have to be entirely open world, and nothing else. Assuming they even still exist in the time compressed world.

There's another game, but I won't mention it due to spoiler reasons that I don't play all the way to the end for mostly reasons of boredom. I'll list a few, and let you judge which one, but I won't say exactly which one it is.

Castlevania SOTN
GoW
RDR2
Zelda II
Blackthorne
Banjo Kazooie
Goblin Sword
Sonic
Life Is Strange

Not that often but there are times where I have quit games in the middle. With first person shooters, it's usually if we're losing extremely badly or we're getting spawn trapped. With games like FIFA, if I'm losing badly, I'll quit as well since there is no point in continuing. 

21 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Did you ever deliberately quit a game somewhere in the middle? What made you quit

Of course yes, I did quit some games and still later come back to them because I still can't let go. I quitted playing Dark Souls several times because of how challenging it was. 

On 9/8/2021 at 5:07 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Did you ever deliberately quit a game somewhere in the middle? What made you quit?

The game that immediately comes to mind is Until Dawn. I remember the game stressing me out and I remember thinking I'm supposed to be playing for fun not to be stressing like this. lol  Thinking about it though I rarely finish any games with a story line, exception being Final Fantasy games. I always have to see those through.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Honestly not that many - only if the game is extremely boring and repetitive then I might just move on to something else.

Seriously - I don't see any reason why one would keep playing a boring game when there are more good ones to play. 

1 hour ago, PGen98 said:

Not any game that I've enjoyed, but I have had games that were terrible that I tried to push through and just couldn't bring myself to go further after a certain point.  Lots of games in my Steam Library come to mind there!

Minecraft is on top the chart when it comes to one's that bored me to the skull which I even regretted playing at all. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

Minecraft is on top the chart when it comes to one's that bored me to the skull which I even regretted playing at all. 

Same here bro. The game is not for us, who liked to play hardcore action games. If someone likes strategic games, they might like such games. My wife is a big fan of this game. 😆

8 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

Same here bro. The game is not for us, who liked to play hardcore action games. If someone likes strategic games, they might like such games. My wife is a big fan of this game. 😆

Seriously - those games aren't made for the likes of me. I hate puzzle games but not like I hated on Minecraft and CANDY CRUSH SAGA!!!! 😑 

15 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously - those games aren't made for the likes of me. I hate puzzle games but not like I hated on Minecraft and CANDY CRUSH SAGA!!!! 😑 

These are still playable. I mean I played candy crush saga for few times. That is not that boring like minecraft or other genres like Pokemon go. 

15 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

These are still playable. I mean I played candy crush saga for few times. That is not that boring like minecraft or other genres like Pokemon go. 

Seriously - I can't ever play Candy Crush Saga ever again. It's cos of my mother I had to play it 3 years ago.