Register Now
StaceyPowers

In what ways could open world games be radically redesigned?

On 9/22/2021 at 11:55 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Making a game that is superb always impress the fans, the major focus should be improving the gameplay, and making it more enticing, cos if the game becomes boring, customers will abandon it and never returning anymore. 

With reference to open world games, how to you think that it can be made more better? I'm very sure that you have played a few open world games like TLOU. 

38 minutes ago, Heatman said:

With reference to open world games, how to you think that it can be made more better? I'm very sure that you have played a few open world games like TLOU. 

TLOU isn't really open world, it's a linear level to level structure.  Some of these levels are semi open for a bit of exploration but you still move from one area to the next in a liner fashion.  When you think open world it's games like Assassin's Creed, Grand Theft Auto, Skyrim, Oblivion, Borderlands, Fallout Horizon Zero Dawn, ect.

I've talked on this before about what devs can do to make them better and that's making them more dense and interesting rather than making them massive with huge voids of empty space.  That is something that is happening more and more often and it really grinds my gears.

3 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

They could have open worlds where the hard earned money you make ganking someone, you get that money in real life. There would be less crime. After all, money is just paper anyways. Fax it on over. 😁

I'm not really sure if it's possible to fax 📠 money 🤔. Could that be possible? 

3 hours ago, Darth said:

A truly open world game where you can literally do whatever you want and enter any building in the map. Imagine a game the size of GTA but you can also enter every interior and fill up your car with petrol at the petrol stations. Would be crazy

I'd definitely want that - it'd make it far more fun than being limited to certain buildings in terms of interaction.

That's what I loved about GTA 4, to be honest. Not all the buildings were open but it was extremely fun to visit Cluckin Bell (I think it was that) and buy food from the counter. It's a shame that Rockstar didn't add any proper buildings and restaurants to enter in GTA V.

On 9/25/2021 at 12:28 AM, killamch89 said:

I'd definitely want that - it'd make it far more fun than being limited to certain buildings in terms of interaction.

Yeah - it's actually called an open world game which shouldn't have any kind of limitation in what one can explore in playing it. 

On 9/29/2021 at 8:25 PM, Justin11 said:

The developers of the open world games should listen to the wish-list of users and consider their suggestions and improve in the gameplay, and not just bearing huge name but lacking quality. 

The truth of the matter is that they actually do listen to what the gamers want, but looking at the cost of giving them that, they would opt for cheaper ways to do it. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

The truth of the matter is that they actually do listen to what the gamers want, but looking at the cost of giving them that, they would opt for cheaper ways to do it. 

Lol, that's why they made video games that is below the standard we gamers wants. Because, they simply consider what they'll spend to implement that simply wanting more. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, that's why they made video games that is below the standard we gamers wants. Because, they simply consider what they'll spend to implement that simply wanting more. 

It's actually something that's not surprising if you ask me. Take for instance, the issue of microtransactions ; we are tired of it but they don't want to hear it. 

9 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's actually something that's not surprising if you ask me. Take for instance, the issue of microtransactions ; we are tired of it but they don't want to hear it. 

We don't need such kind of transactions in gaming as a priority, it should be made by free will and not a choice for gamers, that's where the developers fell short. 

Edited by Justin11