Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game world has the most interesting lore?

As I've said in other threads, I think that when Dragon Age does lore, it does it rather well. It's why I'm so eager to play the tabletop RPG version, because it's the narrator who makes the story out of the lore within the book, and other sources. I could very easily make my own stories which fit the lore of Origins! Likewise, I frequently criticise Pillars of Eternity for having more lore than workable story, but give me that in tabletop format and I can make something salvagable out of it. It'd be hard not to!

I'll say The Elder Scrolls. A boring answer I realise, and I can't follow much of it, least of all Michael Kirkbride's contributions such as that CHIM business, but I can appreciate how good it must be to have expanded as far as it has without much complaint. What I also find interesting, which I appreciate is meta, is how Kirkbride has created a graphic novel script called C0DA which has created much debate about whether or not the lore should be open-source or not.

So strange is Elder Scrolls lore, that Kirkbride's penning of it has become a more and more absurd story; it started out with cigarettes and alcohol, and then as time went on all manner of drugs entered the retelling of the story. Again, it speaks volumes to Morrowind's tone if you find that story as believable as I do.

As always I've answered a similar but not your question, which is "whose lore is written in the most interesting way/ by the most interesting people," but I don't divorce the art from the artist. I also believe that if anyone were to go to any further extent than Kirkbride they'd be a "tryhard" to my eyes.

Edited by Withywarlock

On 9/30/2021 at 12:32 AM, killamch89 said:

I'd have to go with the Elder Scrolls just because of how vast the lore is and there's almost always new things that are being added to the lore through Elder Scrolls Online.

I've watched its tremendous trailer many times, I concur the lore is simply one of the best. Same goes to GTA S.A, its lore is simply top notch. 

Metal Gear Solid has some pretty intense lore. It's a little bit convoluted and nonsensical because each game was meant to be the last, so there's a lot of retcons and eccentricities. Also FarCry 5 seems to be entering my head also 😉 

On 9/30/2021 at 12:32 AM, killamch89 said:

I'd have to go with the Elder Scrolls just because of how vast the lore is and there's almost always new things that are being added to the lore through Elder Scrolls Online.

I think that most The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt and Ghost of Tsushima offers something that's close to what you get in Elder Scrolls. What do you think? 

22 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

I never played Ghost of Tsushima nor Wild Hunt, but I've played The Witcher III. I'll simply say, Elder scrolls is more realistic gaming than all due to its magical show. 

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt is one game to the best of my knowledge , I think that you're getting it all confused or unless there is a different game called Witcher III only and Wild Hunt separately. 

22 minutes ago, Boblee said:

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt is one game to the best of my knowledge , I think that you're getting it all confused or unless there is a different game called Witcher III only and Wild Hunt separately. 

They are both different games, you can check it out. The Witcher III is simply a horror game, that increases one's immersion.