Register Now
StaceyPowers

When games offer you optional hints, do you use them?

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I actually don't use optional hints because I like figuring out stuff for myself and having optional hints on will make it too easy for me.

I love optional hints, I still figure out ways of improving my gaming experience and play better. But the hints that appears on the screen play it's worth taking because it tells me how I'll apply the finishing touch which gives me an edge over opponents. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I love optional hints, I still figure out ways of improving my gaming experience and play better. But the hints that appears on the screen play it's worth taking because it tells me how I'll apply the finishing touch which gives me an edge over opponents. 

It's just in my nature to find more unique ways of dealing with opponents instead of doing it the game's way.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:50 PM, Family sedan said:

I'll sometimes ignore suggestions, but sometimes I'll follow them.  An example of me ignoring a suggestion is when they recommend an optimal corner speed in GT Prologue and I ignore it.

I always ignore the obvious ones especially if that is what I was going to do.

If I'm new at the game and doing  the story or whatnot then yes I do 🙂 Other then playing the game to the point that I know the in and out then I have them off since it's just a pain in the butt seeing the popups 

On 9/30/2021 at 9:05 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Not every suggestion or hints made by the game should be taking, most of them might even lead you to crashing out on game. I use the optional hint pleasing to me.

That's very sad. I had no such experience of crashing my game using those hints. Although I don't use the them that much, but I think most of The gamers usually use those to complete missions easily.

5 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

That's very sad. I had no such experience of crashing my game using those hints. Although I don't use the them that much, but I think most of The gamers usually use those to complete missions easily.

Some gamers do follow it and it works for them perfectly. But do you know their was a time I tried to use those hints, in the process of inputting the code using my controller AI simply got me napped out, and I was killed via GTA 5 lol.