Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you pick what you will play next?

I often lack motivation to play games from my backlog. Whenever I start playing something it is entirely on a whim, no thought goes into it, just that at that moment I found some motivation to start a certain game. It could be for a number of reasons, like a new mod was released that makes the game more appealing, or simply someone mentioned the game somewhere, or most of the time for no reason at all.

I watch a lot of gaming content on Youtube (reviews, critiques, game design talks), so sometimes I'll watch videos on a game I have on my backlog. This'll help me get a better idea of what to expect, maybe clue me into the historical or industry significance of the game, and generally hype me up for the experience, since watching gameplay naturally makes me want to try it out for myself.

On 10/18/2021 at 4:15 PM, Boblee said:

Sometimes, I do it randomly and it works for me most of the time. Then again, I do by recommendation from a very close friend I can take his or her word on the game. 

I always hold the game on my kind to play, I simply go for the option that tickles my attention at that moment, and not random choose. 

On 10/20/2021 at 7:05 AM, Boblee said:

The reason I love playing with recommendation is that it offers me a full time satisfaction knowing that the gamer who recommended it already played and enjoyed it. 

Recommendations that comes through showing off the video game trailer is the best recommendations for me through the help of the reviewers.