Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you lose track of your surroundings when you game?

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's just like what I do with some of my racing games, the maps comes in handy for helping me with navigation of the cites I'm driving through. 

Exactly, once I get to choose my next city of play, the city map is the next thing to study for me because it gives me an insight of what I would meet up in the game. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, once I get to choose my next city of play, the city map is the next thing to study for me because it gives me an insight of what I would meet up in the game. 

The maps serves as an insight into what you're most likely to experience in playing the game which is why I value its usage very well. 

On 11/23/2021 at 8:18 AM, Boblee said:

You could have easily made use of the game's tutorials and know exactly what to do and when to do it in the game so you don't get lost. 

That's where I failed to understand, but now I've learned the extra feature added by the quest markers to map out where to go and position in the game to avoid scathing issues like I experienced in the past. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

The maps serves as an insight into what you're most likely to experience in playing the game which is why I value its usage very well. 

Yeah, it's why they are very important to gamers especially when they get to know how to use it effectively and efficiently. 

I don't lose track of my surroundings, but I'll say I do lose track of time sometimes. There are days where I'd start gaming in the morning hours, and then be gaming until like 6pm. That's what I'd say, losing track of time over losing track of my surroundings. 

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't lose track of my surroundings, but I'll say I do lose track of time sometimes. There are days where I'd start gaming in the morning hours, and then be gaming until like 6pm. That's what I'd say, losing track of time over losing track of my surroundings. 

When the video game offers more than what you bargained for, there is no way you wouldn't get lost in time playing. 

Depends on the game and what I'm doing, mostly Yes and no. I always keep my eyes on the time, meaning playing and look at the time knowing how ong I got before I have to get of my system. 

While streaming you tend to not and I mean NOT loose track on your surroundings as you are gaming and trying your hardest to talk to people and by looking at other screens and also looking and ealing with bots in your channel. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

When the video game offers more than what you bargained for, there is no way you wouldn't get lost in time playing. 

I've gamed for hours into the night, not realizing how long I had been playing. Some nights I would game until like 2-3 am and I completely lose track of time. It could feel like an hour of gaming, but I'd be gaming for hours. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I've gamed for hours into the night, not realizing how long I had been playing. Some nights I would game until like 2-3 am and I completely lose track of time. It could feel like an hour of gaming, but I'd be gaming for hours. 

Seriously, that was my first experience when I played Ghosts of Tsushima. I never knew it was deep in the night around 3am and I was still playing. 

11 hours ago, Empire said:

Depends on the game and what I'm doing, mostly Yes and no. I always keep my eyes on the time, meaning playing and look at the time knowing how ong I got before I have to get of my system. 

While streaming you tend to not and I mean NOT loose track on your surroundings as you are gaming and trying your hardest to talk to people and by looking at other screens and also looking and ealing with bots in your channel. 

It actually depends on what I'm streaming. If it's something that's quite thrilling, I might be lost in it for a while before getting my bearings.